Image Map

Saturday, May 30, 2015

SUMMER is here!

All of the sudden, it is SUMMER.  Absolutely amazing!

We had a bit of a rough week in our house because of two little things called teething and ear infections. (I had the ear infections first, then Gavin, and now Jake! Sheesh!) For the first time in probably our whole lives, Jake, Gavin & I barely got out of bed almost the entire Memorial Day weekend.  Last Friday when I picked Gavin up from daycare he was feverish and not acting like himself at all.  I peeked in his ear and his tube was once again clogged and infected :(  We had three days of him being feverish, lethargic, sleepy, and EXTRA snuggly.


On Monday, I was changing his diaper and he opened his mouth to say "ahhhhh" (one of his favorite things to do these days :)), I saw a molar peeking through his gums!  No wonder.  Teething is painful. But teething molars is just downright cruel.  It took 5 days and he is finally getting back to his happy self!


This week of running has actually gone pretty well!  I was able to do 14 miles last Saturday and another 12 miler on Tuesday, so that's encouraging.  I had every intention of doing 16 today, but I didn't have enough time this morning before the hubs left for work... so I settled on 10 + a 4 mile walk with a friend in the AMAZING sunshine. 



Best buds.  Gavin was clearly unamused by my 162nd picture of the day.
When I got home, we played in the yard for a while (aka... Pulling grass, touching every rock humanly possible, and attempting to roll in the dirt.) Boys will be boys :)



P.S.  Is there anything cuter than boys in overalls?  I can't get enough.  

Tomorrow is supposed to be even more beautiful so I plan to stay outside as much as possible!  

No comments:

Post a Comment