Image Map

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Introducing...

I have officially fallen in love.  Again.

Meet the newest (and first!) addition to our little family:


We had originally placed a deposit on a litter that was due today, but sadly the mom that was pregnant had a rough labor and she lost most of the puppies :( Luckily the mom is okay, but it didn't look like I would be able to get a puppy from that litter.  I was referred to another awesome breeder who had 2 available Cavapoo puppies!  This little fella will soon be our new best friend. 


I don't think I can contain my excitement for snuggling with that little face.  


I'm hoping to go to the breeder's house next week to meet our little puppy.  He will be ready to go home on April 20, but I'm not sure that I'll be able to keep him where I'm staying, so we'll likely pick him up in May after I graduate!  I may have to drive the 2.5 hours every single day so I can spend time with my new little friend.  

So now just one question remains:

What should we name him?! 

I'm pretty sure if it were up to Jake, we would name him after one of his favorite things (Taco, Cerveza, etc.) :) but I wanted to see if anyone has any other really good boy puppy names! Something unique, not like Buster or Rover. Something Californian maybe? 

Since I'm in puppy-obsession mode at the moment, I had to share the BEST videos I have ever seen.  (Sorry if they don't play on your phones... you can also click on the links to youtube!)

Katherine, this one is for you:
(The owners of this cutie were getting complaints from their neighbors about loud noise coming from their apartment during the day while they were at work.  Here's what they found on hidden camera!)

This video be the sweetest thing I've ever seen.  The perfect puppy trainer!  



Speaking of puppy training, does anyone have any good puppy training advice?

5 comments:

  1. Hey I just found your blog! I'm currently in my first year of PA school and am a workout fiend! So basically your blog speaks directly to my soul :) just wanted to drop in and leave a note!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Janelle!! Thanks for saying hello! How are you surviving?! Where do you go to school? Have you started clinical rotations? That is awesome that you are a workout fiend... I don't know about you, but it is the ONLY way I could survive PA school!! Keep studying hard!

      Delete
  2. I am surviving on a daily basis :) I go to UTPA in south Texas. I start rotations in August. I see the PANCE is coming up for you, I'm sure you will do great! What rotation did you like the most, and which speciality do you think you are going to go into? Yes working out has been my outlet for stress and just my own sanity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! Are you from Texas? The first year is so rough. It's not until getting out into clinic that I started to feel like I was really going to survive! Yes... the dreaded PANCE is coming up, haha. I hope I do okay! I'm definitely ready to have my life back :) I'm not sure exactly what I want to do yet. I love surgery, but I'm not sure if I want to start there. I'm leaning towards family practice to start so that I can continue to build a strong clinical base. What about you?

      Delete
  3. Yeah i am from Dallas, so although the school is in an entirely different area, it is still nice to be in the same state. How has it been moving to a new state for school? I am excited for rotations because then everything we are learning will start to make more sense. You will do awesome on the PANCE! Surgery sounds really cool but family practice makes sense in order to get a hold on everything. Right now I am leaning towards Ortho but that is just because I like it so much. But I am very open.

    ReplyDelete