Image Map

Saturday, December 7, 2013

Pregnancy Week 25

Baby Bump

How far along? 25 Weeks, 6 Days

Size of the baby: A head of  cauliflower!


Maternity clothes? Yes.
Stretch marks? No!  My skin has been super itchy though!
Sleep: This week I slept like a champ when I actually slept (which was only for 4-5 hours a night because I didn't have time to sleep any more than that!)
Symptoms:  Heartburn, sleeeeeepy.  But I think that has more to do with not actually getting any sleep, haha!
Best moment this week: Our renewal of vows/wedding!!!!  Best day of our lives (besides our first wedding day and finding out we were pregnant, of course!)
Miss Anything? Bending to touch my toes without having to struggle, ha!
Food cravings: Nothing this week!
Anything making you queasy or sick: I had a gagging moment at the sight of cheese dip this week.
Any aversions? Not loving the spicy food lately.
Have you started to show yet: Yes!  Baby is growing, growing, growing!
Baby Names? Not decided yet!
Belly Button in or out? Half innie, half outie.  
Linea Nigra? Yep! 
Wedding rings on or off? On!  But in the mornings I notice my fingers are a little more chubby than in the past.
Happy or Moody most of the time: It was definitely an emotional week, but that had to do more with wedding planning than anything else.  
Movement: So so so much!  And I love it!  But he is getting stronger... 
Looking forward to: Resting and recovering from the wedding.  I have a nasty fever, cold and cough now so it's time to get better!
New mom tips I received this week (which I love getting!): Ask for help.  Even if you think you don't need it, don't try to be superwoman and let others do things for you.  (Eek... I know I'll be guilty of this.  I hate asking for help!)
Favorite part of being pregnant so far: Watching my belly grow!
Any Braxton Hicks contractions? None yet!
Any weird dreams?  I had a funny dream about breastfeeding!  It was pretty comical.
Still Running? Yes!  I ran 3 miles twice, a 5K (Turkey Trot!) and 5 miles on my wedding day!  I also made time for weights and the elliptical the other days of the week!  I love being able to run again, even if a snail could go faster than I do!
Letter to Baby

Hello Little Bambino,


This week was one of the most beautiful weeks of our lives so far; Your Dad and I renewed our vows and had a wedding reception!  It was so special to repeat our vows in the church in front of our family and friends.  The day was more beautiful than I could have imagined - although it was about -12 degrees outside!  Brrrr! Walking down the aisle towards your Dad is a moment I will never forget - I wish you could have seen it.  I know it sounds cliche, but I swear I fall more in love with your Dad every minute. In sickness and in health, in good times and in bad, for as long as we live... I hope we can show you that love and teach you to love someone as much as we love each other.

Okay, enough sappiness. Sorry if I embarrassed you. It's the hormones... I promise.  I just feel so elated and blessed. Especially with my little cauliflower-sized baby who will be here in just 3 months!  This week your respiratory system is hard at work to get you ready to breathe in the real world.  You are making breathing movements, though you're not breathing in air yet.  You are also able to make facial expressions now, so that means at our next ultrasound you can smile big for us!  :)  I wonder if you'll have my dimples? I was told they are angel kisses when I was a kid, so I hope you have them too!

Now that the wedding is over, I can finally relax and get caught up on all the things I haven't had time to do.  One big one is your nursery!  Oh and picking a name for you!  We are still undecided.  We may have to see your face in person to make up our minds.  Don't worry though, none of our choices are embarrassing.  I think you'd like any of them.  We love you so much, little one.  Thanks for all the kicks lately.  They are the best part of my day!

All our love,


Mom and Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment