Image Map

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Pregnancy Week 26

Baby Bump

How far along? 26 Weeks, 6 Days
 (P.S. I've been good about writing these and taking pictures each week, just bad about posting them on time!)  
Size of the baby: A head of lettuce!


Maternity clothes? Gotta love them.  
Stretch marks? No!
Sleep: Oh man, this week I was beyond exhausted.  I think that was due to the horrible upper respiratory infection I had.  It hit me like a ton of bricks.  
Symptoms:  Headache, Mid-back aches/pains (I think that was from all of the coughing though)
Best moment this week: Prenatal appointment and hearing baby's heartbeat again!  
Miss Anything? Bending to touch my toes without having to struggle, ha!
Food cravings: Nothing this week!
Anything making you queasy or sick:  Lettuce.  Especially the smell!  
Any aversions? Spicy food!  Mostly due to the heartburn it causes though...
Have you started to show yet: Yes indeed!
Baby Names? Still working on that...
Belly Button in or out? More outie than innie this week!
Linea Nigra? Yes!
Wedding rings on or off? On but it's a little harder to slide them on/off than in the past.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Neither really!  I felt like I was walking in a cloud this week... SO out of it.  I hope I can kick this cough/cold soon!  
Movement: So so so much!  And I love it!  But he is getting stronger... 
Looking forward to: Resting and Recovering from the wedding.  I have a nasty fever, cold and cough now so it's time to get better!
New mom tips I received this week (which I love getting!): Nothing too exciting this week, but I did have one of my pet peeves happen.  Note to others: Do not tell a pregnant woman all about your horrendous birth experience (or someone elses' you've heard about).  Yes, we are aware that birth is hard.  You are pushing a human out of you.  Yes, I know things tear and it is the worst pain of your life.  Thank you for sharing, Captain Obvious.  :)
Favorite part of being pregnant so far: Watching my belly grow!
Any Braxton Hicks contractions? Not that I know of... though I don't really know what they feel like so I'm not sure!
Any weird dreams? Tons of dreams this week!  One that it was a girl... not boy! haha
Still Running? I didn't have a very good week of workout this week... but that's to be expected given the fact I felt like poo.  I did run 3 times (3 miles, 5 miles, 5 miles) and did the elliptical a few times.  Working out always makes me feel better and more energized!
Letter to Baby
Dearest baby boy,

I'm sorry for all of the bouncing in my belly this week; I had a horrible cough that probably made your world feel like a roller coaster!  I think my body finally decided that 4 hours of sleep each night wouldn't cut it, so I came down with a nasty cold.  Hopefully we'll be back to our normal selves in no time!  Other than blowing my nose every two seconds, this week was pretty uneventful!  As soon as I got home from work, your doggie brother and I would cuddle in bed and fall asleep by around 9:00.  It was marvelous.

This week your eyes are able to open!  There's probably not much to see other than the occasional bright lights, but don't worry there will be plenty to see once you make your entrance in a few months.  You are now able to distinguish my voice from your Dads'... which shouldn't be too hard to do.  He's the one with the loud and deep voice that likes to make jokes and laugh a lot! 

I got to hear your heartbeat again this week at the doctors' office!  It still amazes me every time. Next visit to the doctor I'll have to do the dreaded glucose tolerance test. I get to drink a lovely sugar drink to make sure I'm not diabetic. I'm sure it will make you have a dance party in my belly because that's what sugar has been doing to you lately! In a month or so we'll have another ultrasound and be able to see your little face again and see how big you've gotten! We can't wait :)

All our love,


Mom and Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment