Image Map

Saturday, January 4, 2014

I'm back!

I'm alive. Don't worry. Nesting instinct is in full force so I've been extremely busy trying to get everything ready for baby! I'll have three "bumpdates" for you this weekend (sorry I'm so slow!)! Let's just say, I'm officially in my last trimester and my belly has been growing daily! I'm feeling great though- some days my energy feels low, but most days I forget in pregnant until I do one of the following: try to bend to touch my toes, shave my legs, change sides while lying in bed, go up the stairs, or eat more than 10 bites of food without getting horrendous heartburn. Other than that, I feel amazing!


I don't think I've even told you about our wedding. Three words: IT WAS PERFECT. I've had people ask me if it was as special having a wedding a second time around. It honestly was more meaningful this time because we've grown in our relationship and, as cliche as it may be, our love is so much stronger now.



Saying our vows for life in front of our closest friends and family actually brought tears to both our eyes (even though I don't think jake will admit that! Haha). Having my dad walk me down the aisle was a moment I will never forget...


As will I always remember the look in Jake's eyes when he saw me for the first time. Now that's love.


The reception? A party and a half! I'm so grateful to have had all of our friends and family there. So special! We had so so so much fun!



Imagine a wintery Christmas wonderland and you'd be at our reception. There were candles, Christmas trees, hot cocoa, mistletoe, and twinkly lights. And of course amazing food and dancing! Jake and I love kids so we got to include them in the reception which was a big hit!


My amazing sis gave the best speech ever and Jake's friend Tino had the entire room on the floor rolling in laughter with his speech. I wish you all could have been there. Next time. Oh wait- no. That was the LAST wedding we will ever plan. Twice is nice. No more!

The month of December involved recuperating from the wedding (including getting over a nasty cold and case of gastroenteritis!), Chistmas festivities, seeing friends, and organizing our house! It's definitely coming along, so I'll do my best to take pics for all of you to see! 

Jake and I had a wonderful Christmas. He was supposed to work his usual 24 hour shift on Christmas Eve but was able to it off at 9pm so we could go to the midnight mass together. It was beauitful and I'm so glad we did it even though we didn't get to sleep until almost 3! I can't say we'll be doing that very often in the next 25 years!



I missed not being with my parents and sister on Christmas Day, but we spent it with Jake's family so it was still a fun day!


And I know you were wondering what Diego thought of his first Christmas Christmas. He was slightly confused, but once his saw all of the new toys and bones in the wrapping paper, he figured it out! He may have gotten sick on Christmas from all the treats... Oops! 


And on a side note, Baby isn't even here yet and he was spoiled rotten for Christmas!





The fire department had their annual Christmas Firefighter's Ball which was a blast! The theme was the Roaring 20's...



So fun!

Jake and I celebrated our 2nd (official) wedding anniversary on the 30th by laying on the couch drinking Gatorade and watching Netflix. We both came down with the horrible norovirus that is going around. Fevers, chills, horrible stomach cramps, and things coming out both ends.  Sounds like a romantic day, huh? Ha! That's okay though, we're going to have a date night at some point and honestly I love him every day as much as I do on our anniversary, so I don't feel the need to do anything crazy! Although he did get me the most beautiful flowers I've ever seen. Love him.  

My birthday was pretty quiet... I was still recovering from the horrors of the stomach bug and Jake had to work :( Since my bday is on New Year's Eve, most of my friends were busy with their significant others, so Diego and I hung out together instead! I did have Breakfast with a good friend who was visiting and also visited Jake at the fire station with good friends of ours and their two adorable kiddos!


The rest of the day I worked on organizing the house. Since there was no birthday cake, I took it upon myself to eat some of this pint of deliciousness. 


Amazing.

I wish I could tell you we are ready for baby to arrive... But we are definitely not prepared at all! I bought a carseat last weekend so if he decides to come early (but please stay in the oven until at least 37 weeks, little Bambino!), at least he will have a way to get home! :)

His nursery hasn't been touched, but we're going to work on it this weekend!  My parents saved my baby crib so I get to use it for my own little one! If only we could figure out how to put it together... ;) My goal is to get it done in the next few weeks. I know baby won't sleep in there for a few months and most people say not to worry about it, but I have a feeling I won't want to touch the nursery once he's born! That, and right now the floor is covered in wedding decorations so it's time to get a move on! I'm ordering his crib bedding today (I love Etsy!) and I'm going to attempt to make a few wall hangings! 

Life's about to get crazy. I can't believe there are only 9 weeks until we become parents. So excited. 

I hope you all had a GREAT Christmas and New Years! 


No comments:

Post a Comment