Image Map

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Pregnancy Week 32

  Baby Bump

How far along? 32 Weeks, 6 Days
 
Size of the baby: Some sort of squash that I don't know the name of!!


Maternity clothes? Yes but I actually FIT into a pair of my pre-preggo black skinny jeans this week!  Buttoned up any everything! 
Stretch marks? No, holding strong!
Sleep: Not as good... couldn't seem to turn off my brain this week.  Had a few "freak outs" that I'm going to be a mom soon! Eek!
Symptoms: Those darned right ribs are not my friend lately, feeling FULL after a few bites of food, and majorrrrr mood swings.  
Best moment this week:  Date nights to Bears' Tooth with Jake TWICE! Much needed.
Miss Anything? I really wanted some blue cheese this week that Jake was eating on his salad.  Bummer.
Food cravings: Totally random, but this week I HAD to have strawberry shortcake.  I don't think I've ever had that in my life, but this week it was my #1 priority.  Amazing.  Also loving the carrots - but only the real long carrots, none of this baby carrot business.
Anything making you queasy or sick:  Get fish away from me.  The smell makes me want to curl up and vomit for hours.
Any aversions? Cheerios, spicy food.
Have you started to show yet:  Unless I have a large beer belly, then yes I am showing.
Baby Names? Plenty... just not the right one yet.
Belly Button in or out? OUTTTTTIEEEE.  I thought I would be self conscious about the little guy, but I actually think it's pretty cute.
Linea Nigra? Yeppers. 
Wedding rings on or off? On!
Happy or Moody most of the time: Much better this week.  Still a little more moody than usual but so so so much better.
Movement: Yes. And the kicks are officially in my ribs.  He likes me right side more than my left so those ribs are beginning to take a beating!
Looking forward to: Ultrasound appointment in 2 days!!!
New mom tips I received this week (which I love getting!): If you can, try to stock up on freezer meals.  It will help during the first few weeks! (Luckily Jake is okay with Top Ramen though, haha)
Favorite part of being pregnant so far: Just being pregnant!  Seeing baby move is the best.
Any Braxton Hicks contractions? I think so! A few definite "belly tightenings"
Feet Swelling? No!
Have you started to "waddle"? Not yet!
Any weird dreams? Not too many this week... or if I did I don't remember!
Over being pregnant? Nope!  Still feeling great!
Still Running? Yes! Back at it! Did 3 miles, and 5 miles! Felt pretty good. Also got in weights class 3 times and elliptical the other days!
Letter to Baby
Hello little one!

We're at 32 Weeks!  Can you believe it?  At this point you should be close to 4 pounds and almost 19 inches long!  I'm looking forward to our ultrasound next week when they estimate your exact size!  I sure feel like my belly has grown a lot in the last few weeks, so I'm sure that means you have too!  All of your organs should be functioning well, aside from the lungs which still need a few more weeks to fully develop. You are even able to dream at this point which I think is incredible!  What do you dream about?  Seeing the real world? Do you dream about meeting me?  I know it's all I think about these days.  

I've been lucky to be able to keep working although I'm not going to lie... it's getting harder to examine patients.  My belly keeps knocking into people as I'm listening to their hearts and lungs.  And if I happen to drop a tongue depressor or my pen on the floor... it's a bit of a comedy show trying to pick it up. You also get lots of pats and rubs from patients, so I hope that's okay with you.  Hopefully I'll be able to work right up until you arrive so I can enjoy my entire 3 months of maternity leave at home with you!

Your Dad is getting very excited to meet you.  Not that he hasn't been excited all this time, but I think it's more real now that my belly is gigantic and he can see you kicking and squirming about through my skin.  He said randomly to me the other day as we were going to bed, "I can't wait for Bambino to finally get here."  It's probably a lot harder for him because he doesn't get to feel your kicks all day every day.  I already feel like I know you a little bit since you've been a part of me for 8 months now! It will be amazing for you to finally meet your Dad and see why I fell in love with him.  He rocks my world.

Next week we get to see you on ultrasound!  It's been almost 4 months since we've seen you!  So put on your best smile and show me those kissable cheeks, okay?  I can't wait.  LOVE YOU.

XOXO,

Mom and Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment