Image Map

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Home Sweet Alaska


Where have I been?

I apologize for neglecting the blog.  Isn't it funny how I found time to write daily when I was the busiest and most stressed I've ever been? Since I've been home, I feel like I needed to take the time to reestablish myself in my forever home!

Diego is adjusting to Alaska like a champ.



Even when it snowed.


Yes, it is almost June.  Yes, we did get over 4 inches of snow.  And yes... I did want to leave on the first flight back to Cali.  :)

I am also adjusting to being back in Alaska.  I'm not going to lie, it's been a challenge getting back into the groove, but I'm finally starting to feel a little bit more settled!

And Alaska finally decided to turn into Summer.  The trees have little buds on them, the sun is shining, and my thermometer hit 71! It's good to be home.



5 comments:

  1. SUCH an adorable dog! Glad you are adjusting. That is a huge change :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in love with your puppy! What a sweet little face! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw you during the Mayor's Half-Marathon. I tried to say 'hi' at the end, but I think you were headed to the medical tent. (?) I was the girl in the multi-colored skirt and pink sports bra you passed on the trail section through the woods.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It was me! And I'm sorry I didn't say anything back... I had an asthma attack after the series of brutal hills at the finish line and had to get a nebulizer treatment (never happened before, I don't know what my deal was!). CONGRATS on your finish! You are amazing! I seriously would love to run with you some time!!

      Delete
  4. Oh now! I can't say I've ever had an asthma attack, but I was breathing really hard on those last hills as well. Anchorage always finds a hill to stick in at the end of *every* race. Yes, meeting up for a run would be great! (Sorry, I just saw this!)

    ReplyDelete