Image Map

Friday, May 10, 2013

Adventures in Santa Cruz

Note to self: Traveling with a puppy is a great way to make friends.
I mean, who can resist this face?


Jake and I got an awesome Living Social deal that put us right on the ocean front at the Casablanca Inn. Our relaxing vacation in Santa Cruz involved a lot of resting...


Staring at our twin in the mirror...


Playing with toys in our hotel room...


And walking the downtown streets of Santa Cruz. Human walking that is. Diego has not quite mastered the art of walking with a leash.


He likes to sit and stare at you like you're crazy when you take a few steps. So ridiculously cute.


After some intense training (and by intense, I mean 10 minutes. That's like 2 days in puppy time), he started to get the idea.

All that puppy training worked up our appetite, so we ate at a few delicious restaurants including Las Palmas.  Delicious Tacos and a Vegetarian quesadilla for under $10!




The living social deal came with a voucher for dinner at an adorable German restaurant, Tyrolean Inn, in a small town called Ben Lomond about 20 minutes from Santa Cruz. I've had some German food in my life, but nothing as delicious as this!  It was a real treat!  I highly recommend it if you are in the area!


Yes, I am one of those dog owners.  Don't judge.
True Story!
As much fun as we had in Santa Cruz, we know that all good times must come to an end.  Yesterday we left Santa Cruz and drove to Northern Cali where we will be enjoying wine country at its' finest for the next few days!  Have I mentioned that I love being done with grad school yet? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment