Image Map

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Graduation!

There is nothing as gratifying as walking across the stage to get your diploma. One piece of paper that signifies not all of the sweat, tears, lost sleep, time away from loved ones, and money spent.... But a new chapter in my life. I am no longer a student, but instead a PA-C!


Saturday was a perfect day for graduation, although it was a little too hot for this Alaskan girl! Blue skies, hot sun, and 80 degree weather!


The ceremony went very well. I savored every moment.  We had an a capella group entertain us at the beginning...


A wonderful key note speaker, and a slide show,



A guest singer who truly touched the entire audience,


And a speech by yours truly...


I was also honored to receive an award from my class.

Then was the most important part... receiving my Master's degree and my Stanford diploma!



And the best part of the entire ceremony was at the end when we were announced the Stanford PCAP graduates of 2013.  Actually, I take that back.  The best part was immediately after that, when this happened:



A surprise dance! (Yes, that's me in the front row in the second group... I do a pretty awesome Chicken dance, don't I?)

I am so grateful all of my family, Jake's family, and the Griffins were able to be there to celebrate my special day.




I will forever miss my classmates, but I will never forget the wonderful memories.  Good times and not so good times... I feel so blessed to have had the past 2 years as a Stanford student.  I can't wait to start the next chapter in my life! 

Stanford PCAP Class of 2013!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! All that hard work and dedication pays off. :)

    ReplyDelete