Image Map

Saturday, November 3, 2012

#3- Grateful for Study Buddies. And Running Buddies.

I have come to the conclusion that running makes it easier to get out of bed in the morning.  I woke up at 7 today (with the help of 3 alarms) with every intention of going to the gym.  Somehow, after getting up for a few minutes, I stumbled back into bed and didn't wake up until 9:00.  I'll have you know I haven't slept  in past 7:30 for 16 months.  Well, except for last weekend in Alaska... and Thursday when I didn't wake up until 10.  The culprit of all of this laziness?  Not running.  At least that's my excuse.  That, and I love sleep.  There is nothing as beautiful as waking up and looking at the beautiful California sun streaming through the shutters... then pulling the covers over your head and hitting snooze.  Ahhhhh.... did I mention that I love sleep?
Why yes, I will! (Or I'll press snooze.)  
Anyone else have a clock like this?
To redeem myself for my ridiculous laziness this morning, I met up with my awesome classmate, Evan!   We headed to a place that I can't believe I've been missing out on for the past 9 months while living in San Diego.  Meet Pannikin.

A coffee shop and bakery that serves the most delicious coffee and baked goods in the whole wide world.  (Except for Great Harvest and Kaladi Bros in Alaska!).  The best part?  They make gluten free/nut free goodies for people like Evan and I!  He has celiac disease (autoimmune deficiency of the enzyme that breaks down gluten - aka no wheat, rye, barley, oats) and as you know, I am allergic to everything under the face of the sun.  I had a delicious cup of coffee and the most scrumptious chocolate chip muffin in the world.  YUM. The best part is it tasted better than a regular, gluten-filled muffin.  It literally melts in your mouth.  Can you guess where I'm having breakfast tomorrow?

This picture is purposefully the biggest one on the page.; It deserves the most attention. 

November 3: I am grateful for... STUDY BUDDIES! 

I am so grateful for my study buddies to help me conquer the massive amounts of work in my masters' program and motivate me to study one of the billion diseases I need to know about to pass my PA program.  Misery loves company- and gluten free, nut free muffins.
Num, num, num.  
November 3: I am ALSO grateful for... Running/walking buddies! 

Can I be grateful for 2 things today?  Yes?  Good.  I'm also so so SO grateful for my friend Carrie.  We met in one of my running groups and became instant friends.  She is amazing.  Since I am on an unbearable running break, we went on a sunset walk in the lovely Del Mar.  It almost made me forget that I wasn't running.  Life is so good when you have study/running buddies.

Friends make the world go round,
You'll never guess what's in store for tomorrow?  Starts with an S and rhymes with cruddy! (Funny, it's also makes me feel cruddy!). Don't forget to get your EXTRA hour of sleep tomorrow. If your smart like me, you'll go to bed an hour early and wake up two hours more refreshed!  :)

1 comment:

  1. You have another friend with celiac disease??? And I want one of those muffins!!

    ReplyDelete