Image Map

Monday, November 19, 2012

#18 - My Thanksgiving Visitors!

November 18 - I am grateful for my parents, sister, Grandma, and Grandpa who traveled to be with me for Thanksgiving!

My parents live in St. George, UT during the winter, so they decided to make the 9 hour drive to San Diego to celebrate Thanksgiving!  My Grandma lives in Salt Lake City, so she was able to tag along for the road trip.  Then my Grandpa, who lives in Florida, decided that it had been WAY too long since we'd seen each other (almost TWO years! Eek!), so he flew in yesterday.  Then... to make the whole Thanksgiving extravaganza even more exciting, my big sis will be flying in on Wednesday!!  Was that way confusing, or was it just me?! In summary, my family ROCKS and I am so grateful that they wanted to come all this way to see me!  If that doesn't make you feel important, I don't know what does :)  They rented a VRBO within a mile of me, so I will get lots of much-needed family time!

Grandpa!
Best Family Ever. 
All of us together at Amber's PT school Graduation 2.5 years ago! 
We all went to church yesterday morning, and I heard the best sermon in the history of sermons.  No exaggeration.  It's amazing how God knows just what you need to hear. I just wanted to share this amazing poem that the Deacon used for the theme of the sermon:

Live the life that matters. Starting NOW.
It is hard to focus on the big picture when life is filled with little tiny moments of temporary stress.  What will matter in the end?  Acts of integrity, compassion, courage and sacrifice.  

I am so grateful to have my family here (even if I have to work, study, prepare a presentation, write papers, and take a test, haha).  Seeing their faces each night will make it much easier!  

I hope you all get to do something fun for Thanksgiving!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment