Image Map

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Learning to speak "Bahston"

Today Jake was introduced to my Bostonian family.  He was also introduced to the wonderful world of the Boston accent.

"Weh goin' in the cah with yeh Ahnt to the marathon expo to pick up yeh bib, then latah we'll get  some suppa!" (We're going in the car with your Aunt to the marathon expo to pick up your bib, then later we'll get some supper!)


I love it.

We had a leisurely morning with a free hotel breakfast... which in my mind is the way to make back the money you spend on a hotel room.  Get 2nds and 3rds, and if you're Jake and I, make sure to get plenty of snacks for later. :)

My awesome Uncle came to pick us up at the hotel and we drove to his neck of the woods to meet my parents who flew out from Utah! It was so good to see them since it's been a few months!! After catching up we went out to the garage to get the tour of my uncle's pride and joy, his hot rod ('36 Chevy)...

My family is Italian, so every moment of every day revolves around food.  Just when you start eating the first bite of lunch, the aunts and moms are already discussing when the next meal is going to be.

You know they're family when this tray is sitting on the table...
My favorite part of the day is probably going to be pretty obvious... but I'll give you a clue.  It involves 20,000 other runners and a lot of free goo and gatorade....



Yep.  The Expo!!  I got my bib, my runner's passport, my t-shirt, and a few samples of sugar-loaded gooey treats to tide me over until the next meal.  Jake and I were on a bit of a time crunch so we only had an hour or so to explore.  Don't worry, we'll be back tomorrow for more.  I think it's a cardinal rule of marathoning that you must get as many free samples as possible and drool over all of the running toys you definitely (and definitely don't) need.


Tonight we went to dinner with relatives I hadn't seen since I was a little kid.  It was a great day and I am loving this "life beyond PA school" thing.


I don't know how I ever survived the past 2 years without this guy.
Love him!

1 comment:

  1. Bostonians love advertising and perpetuating the fact that their accent is lahgly non-rhotic!

    ReplyDelete