Image Map

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

PANCE, Froyo with HRG, and Boston...

Let's have a little chat about how scared I am for my national board exam aka the PANCE (Physician Assistant National Certifying Exam).   

300 questions
13 organ systems (Cardiovascular, Pulmonology, Infectious Disease, etc.)
5 hours of torture 
All for the affordable cost of $500.  

No pressure, right?  The general consensus from everyone I talk to is that I will walk away from the test feeling like I've failed, but will likely pass.  Eek!  Keep me in your thoughts as I keep cramming my brain full of information!

This is my favorite tip from the board review course I took:

"C it is!"
During my mid-day break from studying yesterday, I met up with my fave girls, Janae and Brooke (her adorable daughter).  She is probably the nicest and most fun girl ever and I am devastated that I only have one month to hang out with her and talk for hours.



We went on a nice long walk in the beautiful Cali sunshine... just what I needed to give my brain a break.  

She is also slightly addicted to running, and shares the same passion for Froyo toppings that I do, so we went to a magical place called Yogurtland.  It took us each around 8-9 samples to determine the ideal yogurt flavor combination, after which I think we were both a little full...  but that didn't stop me from enjoying every bite of my oreo-boba-cheesecake bites-capn' crunch-mochi-fruity pebble masterpiece (tastes way better than that sounds...haha).  


Janae is getting over an injury, and since my injury is still being a pain in my butt (literally...it's glute pain! :( ), we have a date on Friday to run in her pool!  I've missed my pool running adventures, so it should be fun to do it with someone.  My injury was about 100% healed, then I ran the 17 miler 2 weeks ago and flared up my right sciatic nerve which sends pain into my glute.  I can run 8-9 miles without pain, but after that the pain starts to come back just enough that I don't want to push it.   The problem stems from irritation when I'm sitting and as much as I'd love to not sit for 10 hours/day, I have this silly little test to study for.  

Boston Marathon is two weeks from yesterday, and I'm on the fence as to whether I will run it or not.  I've realized that the most important thing to me at the moment is being injury-free and somehow I don't think running 26.2 miles is the appropriate therapy for an injury.  In the ideal world, I would just run the 8 or 9 miles and walk the rest, but I don't think I'd be able to cut myself off when I see all of the other runners around me!  (Actually, I take that back.  In an ideal world I wouldn't be injured, haha!).  There are many races in Alaska that I'd like to run this summer and I don't want to ruin that either.  Any advice?  Wisdom?  

Either way, I will be going to Boston to see JAKE (finally, it's been four months now!), my parents, my cousins/aunts/uncles, and Grandpa. 
This is how excited I am to see my hubby!

And the good news is that I already qualified for Boston Marathon again next year at St. George Marathon last fall!  So either way, I hope Boston will be happening in the near future... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment