Image Map

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Family Love and My Sunday Long(ish) Run!

I just wanted to share that I love my family.  They make my world go round.


And I guess they love me too! (In spite of the past two years of grad-school-induced grumpiness and emotional breakdowns!). I got another package from my mom and dad yesterday that definitely made my day.  I think care packages are the greatest thing in the world.  If you know someone who needs their day brightened, send them a care package.  It is definitely a nice surprise!  (And I highly recommend including chocolate and goldfish.  YUM.)

The card says... "You've got brains, courage, and heart..."
"All you need is a pair of red soes and a feisty little dog!
You can do it!" 
The best part is the package included red shoes and a little stuffed doggie!  Just click my red shoes together three times and I'll be done with board exams, right?! 

I am SO SO blessed to have these two to call my parents!

At Machu Picchu!
Best parents ever.  End. Of. Story

After an exciting day of studying yesterday, I came home and relaxed.  And by relax, I mean reviewed the histological differences between Crohn's and Ulcerative Colitis, memorized the drugs associated with agranulocytosis, and read up on the x-ray findings of the 293, 049 different kinds of pneumonia that exist.  Jealous?  Yep, studying rocks.

So I'm sure you were dying to find out about how my run went this morning!! I did 10 miles and on a scale of 1-10, I'd give it a 6 or 7.  Yeah... it wasn't the greatest, but I went past my "pain zone" that usually starts around mile 7-8, so that's an accomplishment.  The annoying gluteal pain did kick in around mile 7, but it didn't stay and just came and went until I finished the run.  So what does that tell me about running 26.2 miles in Boston next weekend?  I'm just not sure.  I'm thinking I'll rest/taper this week and decide the day before.  Nothing like a little last minute planning!

Beautiful run this morning...

To all of my running friends that may be fighting an injury or hoping to prevent one, I posted a Injury Prevention/Treatment section on the blog <here>.

I hope you all had a fabulous weekend and to all my Alaskan friends... I'm so sorry you're getting dumped on with snow!  (I still don't know how I'm ever going to survive Alaska after living in Cali...)

Springtime in Alaska...
Courtesy of adn.com


No comments:

Post a Comment