Image Map

Friday, April 5, 2013

Care Package, TJ's, and BEST news ever.

I have the best big sister in the world.  No ifs, ands, or buts.  Yesterday when I got home from studying, I walked in my room to see a package sitting on my bed.  Inside were all of my favorite things: chocolate, Starbucks gift card, snacks, crystal light, and running socks.  She wanted to give me something to help get me through board exam studying, and I can't imagine a better surprise!

Those Mini Eggs aren't going to last long...

It's been almost 6 months since I've seen my sis, so I am looking forward to seeing her in one month at my Graduation!  She is a rockstar Physical Therapist in Utah and probably one of the smartest most selfless people I know.  Love her!

Since I only have one more month left in California, I decided it was necessary to do my favorite Californian things as much as possible.  It is a toss-up between numbers 1 and 2.  Maybe you can help me decide:

1.) Run every day in the beautiful weather
2.) Go to Trader Joe's every single day

I'm thinking #2 is probably going to take the lead.  I have literally gone to to TJ's almost every day in the last two weeks.

I like this aisle the best.  A whole section devoted to ice cream, desserts, and chocolate. 
Between their sweets, amazing salads and the yummy free samples, it's impossible to resist.

Salad Heaven. 
I don't know what I'm going to do without TJ's in my life when I go back to Alaska.  One of my suitcases will be just have to be devoted to Trader Joe's snacks.  Hopefully Alaska gets the memo soon and we'll have one there too.

Today is the SF Giants season opener home game.  Being from Alaska, I didn't grow up being a big sports fan (we don't have pro sports teams), so it was a big adjustment when I moved here!  I had no idea of just how vital sports were until I witnessed the fans of Stanford and SF 49'ers football, and Giants Baseball.  It is not a part of life for San Franciscans, it is a way of life.  The family I stay with have had Giant's season tickets for years, so they are off enjoying a day of celebration and fun!  Orange and Black are everywhere today...  GO GIANTS!


Lastly, in case this post wasn't random enough...


Need I say more?

You have no idea how excited I am.  Counting down the days until Thanksgiving 2014.

3 comments:

  1. omigosh!! what?! what??!! Friends reunion?!! you have no idea how pumped i am right now! or maybe you do since i'm feeling the same way ;].

    that's so sweet of your sister though! i'll have to do something like that for mine (she's still in undergrad) when finals come around. enjoy the treats!

    (and i say, run around trader joe's while picking up delicious things ;] )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like your idea about running around trader joe's... genius!

      I agree... I literally cannot wait! I have been waiting for the Friends reunion since the finale! There will be a huge party at my house for this monumental occasion!!

      Hope you're having a great weekend!

      Delete
  2. just saw this, haha, thanks sis! glad you liked the package! love you!

    ReplyDelete