Image Map

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Adventures in the city!

It was time for a break from the books. My brain was officially fried and overflowing with medical knowledge, so I did what any smart person would do. I went on an overnight getaway to the city. Okay, let's be serious though; the main reason for this adventure was really because I was craving delicious sourdough bread from Boudin Bakery.


Mission Accomplished.


San Francisco is really awesome because they have Bart and Caltrain which take you right into the city. Maybe it's just me, but it's a lot harder than it sounds to ride on public transportation. Take these machines for example.



It turns out when all you do is look at textbooks all day, you have trouble with normal activities, like paying for a train ticket. It took me approximately 10 minutes to figure out how to get a ticket and then because I'm super smart, I paid twice. No refunds either... awesome! The best part is that this was not my first time on the BART. You'd think I'd know by now :) Haha oh well! Totally worth every penny.

What a nice change!

After checking in to my hotel, I wandered the streets of San Fran. My hotel was situated right near Union Square, and directly next to the most beautiful store ever.  Coincidence?  I think not.

And no, I'm not talking about the Liquor store. 
Today I walked around the city to around to explore the SEVEN stories of Nordstrom's,


Went in one of my favorite stores ever...

H & M
And went to Ghirardelli (twice) and See's Candy (once) for free samples of delicious chocolate.

Forget the chocolate, give me 192 of these lollipops any day! Amazing.
It was be a dream come true.  (And I'm proud to say I didn't buy a thing. Except for chocolate and lollipops, of course.)

There are many reasons why I love the city, but the diversity of food options is probably number one.  Take this restaurant, Bread and Cocoa.  I could not think of a better combination of my loves in this world.


And then there's the cupcakes.  


Love this city.
I left my heart in San Francisco...

I reluctantly said goodbye to the hustle and bustle and went back to reality... but the good news is that in just THREE days I'm on a plane to Boston!  Let the countdown begin!


No comments:

Post a Comment