Image Map

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Raindrops Falling On My Head...

Does anyone else LOVE the rain?  I don't know what it is, but the second I see raindrops on the ground  I can't help but smile!


Maybe it's the fact that if you live in Alaska, you have to learn to love it otherwise you'll be one unhappy person.  The summers in Alaska are usually either amazingly sunny and beautiful... or cloudy, rainy, and cold.  I guess I should edit my statement above... that is the one situation where I don't love rain.  Rain for 3 months straight is not my favorite.  Alaska Weather Man? If you're listening, please forget I said that and bring on the SUN!  I have some serious camping/hiking/fishing/running/BBQ-ing to do this summer.

Backpacking adventures...

Fishing on the Kenai River with my bestie 3 years ago!
I took yesterday off from running, so this morning I woke up ready to hit the pavement.  I looked out my window and saw soaked trees and puddles on the pavement -  the PERFECT running weather!  You may think I'm kidding, but running in the rain is my absolute favorite.  I like to think it washes away all the "yuck" from your life (and by "yuck" I mean studying for board exams!). Amazing.


The rest of my day was spent at Starbucks doing what I do best... drinking decaf coffee and studying. I had a tough time staying focused today for some reason. I kept getting distracted from dogs passing by the window, people laughing and enjoying a friendly conversation, and free samples of cranberry muffins/frappucinos/FULL SIZE chocolate chip cookies.


And if you want me to tell you which Starbucks gives away all the freebies, the answer is no.  I love to share, but all this studying requires sustenance and I love free food!  :)  The longer this studying routine goes on, the crazier I am going to get.  Luckily I can see the light at the end of this long tunnel!

On a side note, ONE week from tomorrow, I will be seeing my HUBBY!  It has been 13 weeks, 4 days since I saw his cute face!  I can't believe we did it.  Longest 2 years apart in history.

The last time we were together in Mexico!
I'm also getting very excited to go to Boston and see all of my relatives that I haven't seen in over 4 years.  Should be a great trip!  To all of you who are running Boston, I hope to see you there! Just look for the 20-something year old female runner, you should have no trouble finding me... ;)


Last random note of the day... in ONE MONTH from today, yours truly will be walking across the stage at Stanford to receive her diploma!  YIPPEE!

No comments:

Post a Comment