Image Map

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Songza and Dress Shopping

Pandora has been my go-to music app for a long time.  Love it. However, is it just me or are they playing a lot less music and more commercials?  The other day, I reached my "month listening limit" and decided that it was time to search for other options.  

I stumbled upon my new fave app, Songza.  When you log on to the FREE app, the first screen asks what you are in the mood for based on the time of day



From there, you pick a genre:


Then a playlist:


If you're not a big fan of the choices, you can always just pick a playlist based on genre, your mood, or the activity you're doing.


Download it.  It will change your world.

After enjoying a run in the ridiculous heat this morning, I went to the mall for the first time in approximately 2 years.  Graduation is in 5 days and I have no idea what to wear.

I am not a big fan of clothes shopping, unless it is at Target or it involves running apparel.  I've always wondered why I don't love shopping, but today I realized it is because clothes like this are in style right now.


Since I wasn't planning on wearing a T-Rex shirt to graduation and couldn't find a dress, I did what any smart person would do.  Went to the candy store.


Hopefully I can find something soon, or it will end up being my stand-by dress that I've worn to the 5 years' worth of weddings, parties, and baby showers.  :)   If anyone would like to volunteer to be my personal shopper, I would love you forever.

Tomorrow is a big day.  I get to meet a new man in my life who I am already head over heels in love with (don't worry Jake, I love you to the moon)... it's Diego!

Be ready for approximately 50 pictures of puppy love tomorrow.  I know I am!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the heads up about Songza! I've had the same experience with Pandora and the app Spotify cost $10 a month ~ no thank you:) Downloading it now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad it helped! I didn't know how I'd live without Pandora, but this definitely helps! I love it!!!

      Delete
  2. I love the dresses at LOFT (the hipper version of Ann Taylor). The designs are great, classic styling and fresh colors, and the best part is they always are having some sort of sale!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laura! Thanks for the advice! You are the second person who recommended the Loft... I will be making a stop there on my next shopping trip!! And sale? Now you're speaking my language! :) I found a dress for graduation finally... at Maurice's, a store I had never heard of but actually has really cute clothes!! Hope you're having a great day!

      Delete