Image Map

Friday, April 12, 2013

The Reunion!

My alarm went off this morning at the hour of 2:45, a mere 3.5 hours after I went to sleep.  Luckily I was so excited that today was finally "Jake Reunion Day" that I barely even noticed the lack of sleep!  It was a fun plane ride as myself and a billion other runners made the cross-country flight to Boston!  The unspoken bond between marathoners was evident everywhere as I walked through the Boston Airport.  There's that smile from other runners and the oh, you're one of my kind glances that make you feel right at home.

As do the Welcome posters!


Even Dunkin Donuts is supporting the runners!

Apparently America Runs on Dunkin Donuts....  :)
I noticed a 35 degree temperature drop when I walked off the plane... From 80 degrees and sunny in San Francisco, to 36 degrees with rain and slush!  At least the weather is supposed to improve slightly for Monday. And after the 90+ degree temperatures for the marathon last year, I am grateful to see 50 degree temperatures in the forecast!


Now for the main event.  The best part of my entire day/week/year/lifetime was at 6:34PM when this guy walked into the hotel.  I cried the best tears of joy you can imagine.  It still makes me smile thinking about it!  
Can't contain my excitement!
Jake is the best for many reasons, but mainly for his hugs.  And that he makes me laugh pretty much every minute of every day.  

Finally with my hubby!!
Also... because he is so thoughtful and brought me a bunch of goodies!  

A Runner's Dream Come True.
My Runner Passport for the weekend....


And my brand new Compex Muscle Stimulator!!! 


It was the greatest day and I can't wait for the next week of fun with Jake and my relatives!  Are any of you running the Boston this year?!  If so, what is your goal??  Mine is just to do as many miles of it as I can without pain.  We'll see if I can do the full 26.2!  (See injury recap here for more!)

Hope you all have a great weekend!!


2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog through Hungry runner girls blog :-) Good luck in Boston this weekend. I wish you an injury free and super fun race! - Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amy!! Thank you so much for the good luck... I am really excited and hoping for a pain-free race! Where are you from?! Have you run Boston before?? I hope you are having an amazing weekend!!

      Delete