Image Map

Monday, October 7, 2013

Favorite Places with my Favorite Girl!


Finally reunited.

It has been too long since I've seen this girl! We met when I was in Cali for PA school and it was instant love! She is probably the most inspirational person I've ever met. If you haven't read her blog, please read it now. Daily laughs, touching stories, and running motivation. And you can't forget the pictures of her adorable daughter! 

Our day started off bright and early with a much needed run through the beautiful canyons. Cool fall breeze, beautiful sunrise, and great friends. Her adorable friend Rachelle joined us and it made me want to move to Utah so I could run with these two every day. 


Cutest running friends ever. 

After the run Brooke and I had some quality time reading Elmo. I miss this little girl so much! 


Our adventure continued at the park where Brooke showed off her skills:

1.) Walking like a pro


2.) Swinging all on her own! 


A day doesn't start off any better than that. And that was only 10 am.  Janae then took me to two of her favorite places in Utah: Slurp and Cafe Rio.   She explained to that Slurp is the place to go for a drink in Utah.  They have all sorts of different sodas, ice cones, and coffee/tea that you get to add delicious flavors to.  That plus homemade bakery treats and ice cream = I can see how this place would get addicting.


Since I didn't get my fill of Cafe Rio on Saturday with my family... we went again!  It's probably a good thing we don't have one in Alaska, because this food is just too good.  Way. Too. Good.


With full bellies, we drove to Salt Lake City for a little sightseeing and shopping.  I had never been to Temple Square, so Janae gave me the royal tour!  It is one of the most magnificent places ever.  



We shopped for a while after our sightseeing, but baby told me I had to eat froyo, so Janae reluctantly gave in and we went to Yogurtland for an afternoon snack.  Don't judge my pumpkin spice/red velvet cake/macadamia nut/fudge brownie combo. You can't explain the tastebuds sometimes.  They want what they want.

The best way to end a perfect day?  Another trip to Trader Joes.


My sister is a saint and is letting me borrow a duffel bag to bring back to Alaska, so I had to fill it with things like this.


Cookie butter?  Don't mind if I do.

It was hard to say goodbye to Janae, but hopefully we'll get to see each other some time soon!  

3 comments:

  1. stumbled on this from HRG and loved seeing your perspective of your great day together! i sort of fell in love with alaska when i visited there back in march so love seeing pictures of your great state! doesn't trader joe's have the best evvvvverything!? congrats on your baby :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cookie butter - would love to try that one day. I hear TJ has got all the best goods. Must go there on my trip to the US next year, it looks awesome. I came across your photo on HRG and couldn't believe you're already 18 weeks pregnant - you look amazing! congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so beyond excited to see you and HRG are friends....it blew my mind yesterday when I started seeing pics of both of you on each other's blogs....YESSSSSSSSSSSSS.

    Love both of you! Have fun on your trip :)

    XO Lauren

    ReplyDelete