Image Map

Friday, October 18, 2013

Pregnancy Week 18

This post is a few days late... but better late than never, right?!
Baby Bump

How far along? 18 Weeks, 6 Days

Size of the baby: A delicious sweet potato!


For those who cannot relate to fruit:


Maternity clothes? Yep, sure am.  Still rocking pre-pregnancy jeans with the bellaband though!
Stretch marks? No! 
Sleep: Better this week, but had a few nights of lying awake.
Symptoms: Low back and sacral pain :(  Owweee. 
Best moment this week: Finding out baby is a BOY!
Miss Anything? Sleeping on my back
Food cravings: Nothing really this week!  
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope, feeling great!
Have you started to show yet: Random strangers ask when I'm due... so I think so!
Baby Names?  We have a few... but for now it's going to be a surprise!
Belly Button in or out? Innie!
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: More mood swings this week.  I think the exhaustion of traveling finally caught up to me!
Movement: Feeling more kicks each week! It still feels like little butterflies in my stomach :)
Looking forward to:  Going to San Fran this week and seeing my classmates!
New mom tips I received this week (which I love getting!): Kegals and ab exercises should be my best friend right about now.
Favorite part of being pregnant so far: Finding out the gender and hearing he is healthy and developing normally!
Still Running? It was hard to actually get myself to run this week, but once I got out and ran I felt great!   Workouts: 8 miles, 7 miles, 7 miles, 7 miles, 4 miles  & 3 miles!).  

Letter to Baby
Dear Baby BOY!

This week we found out you are our little son! You have no idea how excited your Dad and I were to find out you are a boy (although of course we would have been happy either way!). We had an ultrasound this week that looked at all of your little organs, bones, and joints to make sure you are developing normally.  The good news?  Your heart is beating strong (with all of it's chambers and vessels!), your stomach & intestines are working normally, your brain is looking extra intelligent, and your bones look healthy and strong!  I cried when we saw your little "turtle shell" as they call it...  there was no denying you are a boy!  Your Dad is already planning future hunting trips with you.  I wouldn't be surprised if he already secretly bought you your first gun and camo gear too. 

You are now the size of a sweet potato! My stomach is definitely sticking out more each day and random people ask all about you.  This week a very important thing happened in your little throat: your vocal cords started forming!  You're practicing your cries, although you can't make any sound yet. I know practice makes perfect, but don't become too good at crying, okay?  :) You also started growing a protective layer on your skin called vernix, although it makes you look like you have cheese on your skin, I promise it will go away after you make your grand entrance into the world.

I'm going to admit to you that I'm not quite sure what to do with little boys. I never had a brother, and I was a more girly-girl as a child, so it's going to be fun learning all about the ways of boyhood with you. Bring on the slugs, snails, and puppy-dog tails. You have a Dad that is a man's man and I am so grateful to have a role model like him to help you learn about the ways of the world.  He will teach you how to fix and build almost anything, hunt in the wilderness, and of course, treat a woman with respect and love. You are being born into a family that has SO much love. We are so excited to meet you, little one!

Love, Mom

3 comments:

  1. I always tear up during your letters! Such a cute idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much... I love writing to the little guy! I think it will be a good way to look back at the pregnancy :) Thank you for your thoughtful comments... they always make me smile! I hope you have a great weekend!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete