Image Map

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Pregnancy Week 19

Okay, I seriously need to post these on time.  I'm like 4 days late... oops!  
Baby Bump
This is what pictures look like after sunset... sorry it's so dark!
How far along? 19 Weeks, 6 Days

Size of the baby: A delicious mango!


For those who cannot relate to fruit:

Maternity clothes? Yep!
Stretch marks? None at this point!  I know there's nothing you can do to prevent them so hopefully it's not in my genes!
Sleep: Better this week!  YAY!  Felt so good to get a good night's sleep!
Symptoms: Sacral pain is at an all time high :(  Other than that, feeling fabulous!  Lots of energy!
Best moment this week: Running my first race with baby!  Also having my 86 year-old Grandpa call twice to check in on me and his Great-Grandson.  He is so excited it brings tears to my eyes.  
Miss Anything? Lying on my back 
Food cravings: No real cravings, but cheerios and hot chocolate sound disgusting.
Anything making you queasy or sick: The above & the smell of fish!
Have you started to show yet: Yes!  Baby is growing!
Baby Names?  Just you wait!  We're narrowing it down.
Belly Button in or out? Innie!
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Mostly happy!  
Movement: Kicks are getting stronger!  I tell you, pregnancy is such a miracle.  I love it.
Looking forward to:  Prenatal and PT appointments next week!
New mom tips I received this week (which I love getting!): Take a breastfeeding class. And be prepared for ridiculous hormones after birth.  And I thought I was hormonal now... eek!
Favorite part of being pregnant so far: Finding out the gender and hearing he is healthy and developing normally!
Still Running? The first part of the week went great, but then the wrath of SI pain started ... 7, 5, 4, elliptical, 13.1, elliptical).

Letter to Baby
Dear sweet baby boy,

This week we had a wonderful time in my home away from home, California. I went to graduate school there (away from your dad!) in what was the hardest two years of our lives!  I went to school to become the Physician Assistant I am today and although it was hard to be apart, we survived and came out much stronger!  In San Francisco you got to meet many of the people that helped me get through school... The Griffins (your surrogate Grandparents and Auntie) & my classmates: Liza, Gracee, Maryam, Bhavana, Kemi, Alejandra, and Melanie.  They all tried to feel you kick, but for some reason you got stage fright.  Don't worry though, they loved you and can't wait to kiss your little cheeks.

You are a growing machine these days!  This week your brain began designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. I got to see your little brain on ultrasound and it was amazing to see how developed it already is!  Your kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on her scalp is sprouting. I wonder if you will have my dark curly locks or your dad's thick and luscious straight hair. I'm also curious if you will be a bald baby like I was for about a year and a half.  Either way you will be the cutest- I'm sure of that!

Our biggest accomplishment this week was running the Nike Women's Half Marathon.  It was so much fun running with you and surprisingly I had more energy than I ever have in a race!  I could have kept running forever!  (Thanks for sharing your energy with me!)  My back is starting to really feel the pressure of you growing so I'm going to have to take a little break from running. Hopefully a little R&R (and physical therapy!) will help and we'll be out running the streets in no time!

It's hard to believe I'm almost half way done with the 40 week wait to meet you!  Every day that passes your Dad and I get more excited :) We love you to the moon!

Love, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment