Image Map

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Utah Fun

My parents picked me up from the airport and after a delicious lunch, they took me to my favorite place in the entire world.


Now that's love.


After wandering the aisles and getting delicious goodies like pumpkin butter, jelly beans, pumpkin soup, yummy cereals, and four different kinds of crackers... We reluctantly checked out. I was so tempted to fill my entires suitcase with TJ's food and ship it back to Alaska, but somehow decided not to. I don't know why because it's probably one of the smartest ideas I've had in a while. Luckily I will have another opportunity when I'm in Salt Lake City to go, so there's still a chance...

We drove from Vegas to my parents house in Southern Utah, and I quickly proceeded to fall asleep on the couch. I don't know why all flights out of Alaska have to be at 1:45am. I don't think I've ever flown during the day from Alaska- sure would be nice! I crawled into bed at 7:30 and found this on my pillow:


Have I mentioned how much I love my parents?

My thoughtful hubby took me on a surprise trip to my favorite running store, Skinny Raven, the day I left. I think pregnancy is making my feet grow or maybe my shoes are shrinking... So lately I've been getting blisters on the ends of all my toes. I decided it was time for new shoes and the guy at Skinny Raven sold me on these awesome new shoes:


The Adidas Energy Boost. Not only do they look awesome, but they feel great too. They're a neutral shoe that is full of new technology that I don't want to bore you with...  But basically they allow you to gain more energy from each step instead of it being released into the ground. And believe it or not, I can feel a difference when running in them! They also have a seamless top and toe box, so that means less rubbing and chafing. Less blisters? I'm sold.  

I took these bad boys out for a run on the trails near my parents house and remembered how much I love running outside. I've had to use the treadmill more than I like since starting my job (I don't like running alone in the dark at 5am!), so it was a very nice change to be outside soaking up the vitamin d.



Our adventures the last two days have involved a trip to Zion (but we couldn't get out of the car because of the government shut down) a fun show at Tuacahn Theatre, eating lots of yummy meals, and shopping! 

On our drive to Zion... The Coral Pink Sand Dunes State Park

Now entering the park!
Who says you can't take great pictures from a moving vehicle?!
Stunning.
Blurry... but Tuacahn Theatre is right in the middle of the red rocks! So beautiful!
The real reason I am here in St. George is to run the St. George Marathon. Ha! Just kidding... As much as I am dying to run in the race, I know it's not good for baby. But that doesn't mean I can't pick up my bib and race loot! And who doesn't love a race Expo?! My mom and I went there last night and even though it made me sad I couldn't participate, it was so much fun to see the other runners with their faces shining in that "racer's glow." I watched as they got taped, bought and sampled all kinds of blox/goo, and walked around more than they should be :) I got my free samples of clif shot blox too. I call it sympathy carbo-loading. 



When I got home, I poured out my goodies on the bed and was immediately thrilled to find this:


Why yes, I will be getting a free froyo this weekend. Don't mind if I do.

The best part of the weekend is coming up... The arrival of my big sis!!! Wahoo! 

No comments:

Post a Comment