Image Map

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Pregnancy Week 16!

Baby Bump

How far along? 16 Weeks, 6 Days

Size of the baby: An Avocado!


For those who cannot relate to fruit:


Maternity clothes? Thanks to the bellaband, I've been sticking with my pre-pregnancy pants.  Shirts are getting a bit harder only because I don't want to stretch them out!  I guess it's time to invest in some basic tees and shirts.  
Stretch marks? No! 
Sleep: Slightly better this week, but still not sleeping very well.  
Symptoms: Headaches, dizziness, and shortness of breath.  (Although I found out at my prenatal appointment that I am anemic, so that probably explains a lot of that.  FYI- Anemia in pregnancy is extremely common. The amount of blood in your body increases by about 20-30 percent, which increases the supply of iron and vitamins that the body needs to make hemoglobin. Hemoglobin is the protein in red blood cells that carries oxygen to other cells in your body.  Read more about it here.)
Best moment this week: Seeing baby for a brief moment on ultrasound!  
Miss Anything? Fitting comfortably into my clothes. Thank goodness for sweatpants.
Food cravings: Nothing really.  Well, I take that back.  Pickles and salt & vinegar chips sounded strangely good this week.  
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope!
Have you started to show yet: There's definitely a baby in there now!
Gender prediction: I'm just not sure.  I was pretty convinced it is a girl, but Jake calls the baby by our fave boy name, so I'm starting to get excited about it being a boy!  Who knows...  in a couple weeks we'll know for sure!
Belly Button in or out? Innie!
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Pretty happy but definitely more exhausted (which makes me moody)! 
Looking forward to:  Visiting family next week!
New mom tips I received this week (which I love getting!): If you can afford it, have a doula at the birth.  (Two people mentioned that this week!)  I'm going to look into it!
Favorite Pregnancy Website (That I actually trust and isn't full of a bunch of myths and theories from non-medical professionals): http://americanpregnancy.org
Still Running? Running was not my favorite this week, but I managed to pull through.  I was pretty fatigued, but if I went at snail pace it felt good!  And the good news is I haven't had to pee every mile! Baby must have risen above my pelvis and isn't squishing the bladder so much! I ran 6 of the 7 days this week (4 miles, 7 miles, 7 miles, 7 miles, 4 miles, and 7 miles!).  

Letter to Baby
Dear Baby,

You are the size of an avocado! You'll be hitting a growth spurt in the next few weeks... you're going to double your weight and add a few inches to your height! For only being around 16 weeks, that's pretty impressive if you ask me. You're starting to suck that tiny thumb of yours and you are practicing eye movements (even though you can't open them yet!). Your head is also less gigantic and out of proportion than before, so now you're starting to look more like a little baby and not a tadpole (no offense, I'm sure you were an adorable tadpole!).

This week was another busy week for your dad and I! Work is picking up and the to-do list seems to be growing every day!  We're planning our wedding reception so there are lots of little details to work out.  I guess I should explain to you a little bit about that.  Don't worry, we're already married, but we didn't get to have our entire family at the church the first time around because your dad and I are indecisive and made the decision when it was too late to have everyone there.  It was a beautiful ceremony and it was exactly what we wanted it to be, but now we're going to have a renewal of vows and a big party!  Don't feel like you're missing out, you'll still get to be there and dance up a storm in my belly.  I'll even let you taste the cake.  We'll have to stick to sparkling cider for the toasts though :)

I have a confession to make to you little one.  I can't figure out if you're a boy or girl.  Every mom I know says, your first instinct is always right!  If that's the case, then you are a girl.  But lately, your dad is so convinced you are a boy (and even calls you a boy's name!) that I'm starting to wonder myself. Either way, we will be so so so thrilled!! I'm going to warn you now though... If you are a girl, your dad will be taking you hunting for the rest of your life and you will probably know how to snowmachine before you can even say your first word. But don't worry, I'm always here to bring you back to reality! 

This week we're heading to visit your Nonna and Grandpa, Auntie A., Great-Grandma, and cousins! You're also going to meet an awesome friend of mine that I met in California!  It's going to be great. I know they're all really excited to meet you, even if it is just through my belly for now.  We love you so much, little nugget! 

Love, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment