Image Map

Friday, October 18, 2013

Travel much?

San Francisco.

My home away from home.

I missed you.

I arrived this afternoon to the place I left my heart (okay that's a bit of an exaggeration, but I can't help hearing Tony Bennett's voice singing, "I left my heart in San Francisco..." every time I say San Francisco!). It was a long night of traveling that started with a flight to Seattle at 1:40am, then to Salt Lake City, then finally to San Fran. Mrs. Smarty-pants over here booked the flights long before I was pregnant and had any idea just how valuable sleep is. Never again. Never. 

The flights may not have been so bad except I sat next to a snorer, a talker, and an "I like to listen to music so loud everyone and their cousin in Antarctica can hear it." Oh well, I got to my beloved city without a delay and it made for a good story!

After claiming my luggage, I took the BART to the city and stepped into the familiar hustle and bustle of city life. Ahhh the sounds of cars honking, people yelling, heels tapping the pavement, and the distinct smells of exhaust, every food imaginable and urine (maybe that was because I seem to have the nose of a foxhound these days!). Mmm... :) On a map, my hotel looked to be extremely close to the BART station... but that was with me forgetting San Francisco is made up of ridiculous hills. Ha... It must have been quite a sight to see me lugging my suitcase and carry-on up the streets.  I made it to my hotel after a mile and a half detour around the city (apparently there was some sort of a suspicious device found in the city so they blocked off tons of streets... Scary!) and immediately fell onto my comfy bed. 

I'll give you one guess where I went to get food after my power siesta. 

And yes, that bag is full. 
Yep, Trader Joe's. Three times in one month? I'm a lucky girl!  

After enjoying my treats, I got ready to meet some of my classmates for an amazing dinner in Los Gatos. 

Three courses of deliciousness.


Pumpkin cheesecake that tasted like heaven. 


I missed this ladies way too much.


I officially got my fill of traveling today. Three plane rides, one ride on BART, two rides on Caltrain, and finally a cab to the hotel from the station at 12:00am. That's enough for me. 

I now plan to sleep for as many hours as I possibly can.  

No comments:

Post a Comment