Image Map

Sunday, October 6, 2013

We're Finally Together Again!


I love her.

How is it a sister seems to make your world go round? I hate the fact we live so far apart but we don't skip a beat when we see each other! 

After huge hugs in the morning and conversations with my belly (she's trying to have the baby get used to her voice!), we went shopping at my other favorite place in the world. Target.

You'll be pleased I only came out with a pack of gum! I couldn't justify spending money on the same cute things we have in Alaska when I can get it tax free there. (Yes, Alaska has no sales tax and it is amazing.) 

After a not-so-quick trip to TJ Maxx, we went to a restaurant that puts other restaurants to shame.

Cafe Rio.  Heaven on earth.
Apparently everyone else in St. George had the same idea because the line was out the door. The restaurant was filled with marathoners limping their way to sweet pork salad heaven. I tried not to get bummed out I didn't have a metal around my neck too, which actually wasn't too hard when you take one deep breathe of Cafe Rio's delicious smells. It takes you away. 


Amber and I got a kick out of all of the runners wearing their metals all over town. It was 2:00 in the afternoon and most of the runners were showered and wearing normal clothes.  Maybe they were so tired and hungry they didn't realize they put it back on after the shower. :)  Are there any of you out there who wear your metal all day after a race? 

After devouring our delicious meals, we drove to the Valley of Fire State Park on Nevada. This was probably one of the most beautiful places I've ever been! It was like a scene out of Star Wars or Star Trek. (Actually some scenes in Star Wars were filmed there!)  

We drove through the park taking toooooo many pictures, hiked through the slot canyons, and watched as the sun set over the beautiful Nevada desert.  It was a perfect end to a great day with my family.






Today, I'm headed north to visit one of my favorite girls ever, Janae.  Cannot wait.  Hope you are having a wonderful Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment