Image Map

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Last Days in Utah

After a fun-filled day on Monday with Janae, it was Mission Sister Time.  I love my sister so much it's crazy.  We watched the Great Gatsby while eating Pho (I could seriously eat Pho every day of my life) which was a perfect way to end a Monday.  The Great Gatsby was a great movie - I definitely recommend it!

On Tuesday, I got to see my Grandma who is probably one of the toughest people I know!  I don't know if you remember, but last year while she was visiting me in San Diego she fell and broke her hip and had to stay in San Diego for a month to recover from surgery!  She recovered so well that she decided to have her knee replaced 5 weeks ago!  She is already walking without any assistance and doesn't even have a limp. Did I mention she is 83 years old?  I hope I inherited her genetics!

She is a phenomenal painter and I got the tour of her gallery.  She still spends hours in her studio painting gorgeous works of art.  Here is a painting she made for me based on a picture I took in Tanzania, Africa. Stunning.


The most entertaining part of our day together was looking at pictures of my sister and I as children.  Man we were cute.


After my sister got off work, she took me on a run up City Creek Canyon.  The fall colors were out in full effect and the temperature was perfect.  I wish I could bottle up the smell of fall and open it in January when it's freezing and dark outside.  There is something so soothing and nostalgic about it!  Although the run was straight uphill (and starting at 5,000 ft altitude...) I didn't seem to notice.  Catching up and laughing with my sister was far too fun.  Sis, please move back to Alaska???



The day ended with a delicious dinner with my Aunt and Uncle followed by a visit to my cousin's house where I FINALLY got to meet the cutest twins in the world.


They all gave me my FIRST baby gifts and it made me want to swaddle and dress the little one already.  How is baby stuff so cute?  So excited.


Now, I'm off to Alaska.  As much as I want to stay and spend time with family, I am so excited to see my two boys back home!  Hope everyone is having a great Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment