Image Map

Sunday, November 11, 2012

#10 - Just Hear Those Sleigh Bells Ring-a-ling...

(Do not hate me for what you are about to read...)

November 10: I am grateful for the next 6 weeks of Christmas 

I know, I know... it's only the second week of November.  It's not even Thanksgiving yet.  But guess what?  Christmas is BY FAR the most wonderful time of the year... snowflakes (How do Californians survive without it?!), hot cocoa, Christmas carols, baking cookies and of course the star of the whole event... it is the celebration of Jesus being born into the world :)  So to all of you who are disgusted with the Christmas ads, bright Christmas trees at Target, and amazing movies like "The Holiday" on TV - don't hate. It's far more fun to get wrapped up in the joy of the season.

After working yesterday, I had (and by had, I mean I needed one thing) to stop at Target.  Somehow, an hour later, I came out with three shopping bags.  Interesting. My shopping adventure was especially long because of my detour to the following aisles:

Candy Cane deliciousness
Hard to tell thanks to my iPhone photography skills , but those are little Gingerbread Peeps.
I bet the Easter ducks are jealous.
WHY didn't I think of that.  YUM.
Just like I decorate my tree at home.  (ha!)
And in case Target didn't make it clear what season it is, while I was studying last night, my 'Maroon 5' Pandora station decided to play this song:
"Baby, it's cold outside" - Apparently Maroon 5 and Johnny Mercer are in similar music genres. 
As we get closer to Christmas, you can look forward to:
1.) Many Elf Movie references. 
2.) Pictures of hot cocoa, likely with an accompanying medical textbook
3.) My favorite Christmas treat recipes
4.) Perfect gift ideas for your loved ones... like this:
For that special someone who can't seem to get that banana peeled.
It's just so difficult.
5.) And last, but not least, I will try to share my love of Christmas with you.  After all, the best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear (See #1). 

No comments:

Post a Comment