Image Map

Saturday, January 18, 2014

Pregnancy Week 30

Once again, I am behind!  But I'll have 3 new Bumpdates for you today!
  Baby Bump

How far along? 30 Weeks, 6 Days
 
Size of the baby: An cucumber!


Maternity clothes? Yep!  Still fitting into my pre-preggo pants with the help of my lovely bellaband!
Stretch marks? No! The skin seems to reallllyy be stretching though!  Bio Oil is my best friend
Sleep: A great week of sleep!  Thank goodness for pillows.  Between the legs, behind the back, under the belly... ahhhh it's heaven.
Symptoms:  Heartburn. Give me more tums please. 
Best moment this week: Prenatal appointment!  Baby is measuring normal size, I'm not diabetic, and BP is still nice and low.  And it's always amazing to hear his little heartbeat!
Miss Anything? I wanted sushi this week.  Bummer.
Food cravings: Carrots with hummus, ice cream, POPSICLES, popsicles, popsicles. 
Anything making you queasy or sick:  The smell of fish did it again this week.  
Any aversions?  Still disliking the cheerios and cream cheese sounded/looked gross (which is weird because I just had it last week...) 
Have you started to show yet: Just a wee bit.  
Baby Names? Lots but no official name yet. 
Belly Button in or out? Definitely have a bit of an outie...
Linea Nigra? Yep! I should take a picture because it's a zig zag line. Haha
Wedding rings on or off? On!
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy week! Feeling fabulous! 
Movement: He's getting strong! And really enjoys kicking me in the ribs
Looking forward to: Next ultrasound in a couple weeks!
New mom tips I received this week (which I love getting!): Dont buy too many bottles, some babies aren't picky but some hate certain types. Better to have just a couple of a brand than a huge 10 pack!
Favorite part of being pregnant so far: Feeling his kicks, jabs, and pokes!
Any Braxton Hicks contractions? I'm pretty sure? Well just kidding - I don't really know what they feel like but sometimes my belly will tighten up. 
Feet Swelling? No! Thank goodness!
Have you started to "waddle"? No waddling here! 
Any weird dreams? I had twins in my dream this week. Apparently one was hiding in every ultrasound. Eek.
Over being pregnant? No!  I actually love it!! Ask me in a couple months how I feel about it.
Nursery done? Not yet!  But we got furniture which is a huge deal!
Still Running? Yes! Back at it! Did 3 miles, and 5 miles! Felt pretty good. Also got in weights class 3 times and elliptical the other days!

Letter to Baby
Hello little one!

We are in the final countdown... can you believe it!? Just 10 more weeks until you're expected to make your appearance! It has really been a wild ride and I'm so happy we're on the home stretch! From buying a house, selling a house, starting a new job, & planning a wedding... you've got to be a part of a lot (even if it was from the inside!).  I can't believe how big you've grown too.  Just 30 weeks ago you were a twinkle in our eye, then a tiny speck of cells... now you're the size of a cucumber!  Such an amazing miracle.  

Your biggest goal right now is putting on weight- and you're doing a fabulous job!  For the next few weeks you'll be gaining about a half pound a week!  For a little one at 3 pounds, that is A LOT!  I feel like my belly grows more every day.  My toes are slowly slipping out of sight, but luckily I feel great and really don't notice the big belly until I try to bend over!  Your skin is getting less wrinkled and more smooth thanks to the fat you're accumulating, and you're becoming better at regulating your own temperature!  If you're anything like your dad, you will be like a human radiator!  But if you're like me, you'll always be cold! (So hopefully you inherited Dad's genes!).  Your eyebrows and eyelashes are fully developed and if you actually have any hair... it will be sprouting out right about now!  

This week we finally got you a crib, dresser, and changing table!  And my new favorite chair in the house... your glider and ottoman.  We will be sharing MANY hours there together.  I can't wait to hold you in my arms and stare at your little face while we rock! Now that we have furniture, we can officially start figuring out how we want to decorate!  I'm looking forward to picking everything out to make it JUST for you!  So. Much. Fun.  

Keep growing strong, Bambino! Oh! And if you feel like it... you can lay off kicking Mom's ribs for a while!  ;)

Besos,

Mom and Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment