Image Map

Saturday, March 9, 2013

On Top of The World

New. Favorite. Song. Makes me want to jump and sing from the rooftops about being on top of the world (aka almost done with grad school).  Love, love, love.  I listened to every song written by the Imagine Dragons today and am officially hooked. Listen to it, you won't be disappointed!


This morning I did 17 wonderfully long miles.  It felt great until mile 14 when my silly sciatic nerve flared up again.  I finished the run, but I was definitely feeling it all day today.  Operation "rest, ice, NSAIDS, and stretch" was in full force today.  I'm feeling good now, so hopefully it was a big "nothing" and I'll be back feeling normal again in no time!  It's been a very risky task increasing my mileage so quickly in order to prepare for Boston. I've been very cautious and hypersensitive to any aches/pains.  I'm finding that the key to avoiding injury is being proactive and taking time off when something feels "different." A day or two off (or even a week) is better than 6 months off!  

I spent my entire day in my sweatpants, lying on my bed studying/writing papers.  The perfect Saturday. The night was complete when this was delivered to my room...

Room Service! And no... I didn't drink the whole bottle.
I was just taking a pic of the label so Jake and I can visit the winery after Graduation! 
Have I mentioned I love staying with the Griffins?  They're the best!  

Tomorrow is my last day of "freedom" before the 3 week-long torturous testing schedule begins. To celebrate, I plan to study from dawn until dusk! At least I can take comfort in knowing that in ONE month I will be done with PA school (and board exams!) and will never have to study like this again!! :)

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this song. I need to check this band out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG. Obsessed. You should listen to 'Demons' and 'Bleeding Out' too! I bought their CD "Night Visions" and have it on repeat!

      Delete