Image Map

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Last goodbye...

On my last morning in San Diego, I did what any normal person would do.

Ran at Torrey Pines with my all-time fave training buddy, Dennis.

Does it get any better than this?
Took pictures of my apartment while holding back tears.


Stalled even longer by taking pictures of my apartment complex.



Finally convinced myself that I had to leave... so I packed up my car and made it 3 miles before needing to stop for one last amazing coffee and muffin from my favorite coffee shop, Pannikin.  Wouldn't you do the same?


Katherine, this gluten-free chocolate chip muffin would bring tears to your eyes.  (My BFF, Katherine has celiac disease. I can eat gluten, but this one tastes WAY better than the regular.  I like to think I'm eating it in her honor.) Of all the things I will miss from San Diego, this muffin comes out at the top of the list.


It was a looonnngggggg drive, but other than tears for the first 1/2 hour of the drive (and again 2 hours later), it was uneventful and without problems!  It was after that when I realized I would be arriving to my all-time favorite home-away-from-home, Casa de Griffins.  Knowing I will be staying with them for the next 2 months until graduation made leaving SD a lot easier!  I cannot even begin to tell you how wonderful these people are.  LOVE them.  They told me yesterday that I will not be allowed to leave for Alaska, so we'll see who wins the Brittany custody battle: Jake vs. Griffins.  :)

Ashley is the cutest.
I have 5 days before my rigorous schedule begins again at Stanford with classes, finals, presentations, and practicums.  I will be studying my little behind off for the next month straight, so wish me good luck.  I will apologize in advance if you don't hear from me for a while.  Life is about to get crazy...

No comments:

Post a Comment