Image Map

Friday, March 8, 2013

Huge News!!

Huge.  Life-changing.  Are you ready?

Jake and I are having... a PUPPY!  (My mom was sorely disappointed when I didn't finish that sentence with the B-word.  I reminded her that is is generally advisable to be living with your husband for that to happen!).

Ever since my first true love, Mindy, passed away a year and a half ago, I've been missing my furry friend.
Cutest puppy in the entire world.
I miss this sweet face!
19.5 years with Mindy!
Since grad school was not exactly the best time to get a puppy, I decided that after graduation would be a perfect time to add a new pal to the mix.  Jake was, well... not so enthralled with the idea.  It took a lot of convincing, but ultimately it was a matter of fairness.  If Jake gets to have dead animals (from hunting) in the house, I get live ones.  Only fair.

I knew it would have to be a non-shedding, "hypoallergenic" dog since I'm allergic to most shedding dogs.  Ideally, it would be a running dog, and on the small side to fit in our cozy house.  Well, except for the running dog part, I found the perfect fit!

Meet the Cavapoo (Cavalier Spaniel and Poodle mix).



Why yes, they are the cutest dogs in the world.  I found a breeder in Cali that is due with puppies at the end of March, so he/she will be ready to go home in May when I'm done with school!  It should be a white/red mix, and grow to be anywhere from 10-20 pounds.  

Here is a little about the Cavapoo (from the breeder's website):

Cavapoo

The Cavapoo possess all the sweetness of the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel with the intelligence and hypoallergenic benefits of the poodle. They are compact, small to medium in size, and possess a round, expressive face. They are typically well-proportioned, agile, and sturdy. The Cavapoo is affectionate, loyal, and friendly. They are good-natured, playful, and social. They do well with children, dogs, and non-canine pets. Cavapoo's will bark to announce visitors and out of the ordinary sounds. They are very family oriented and do well if ignored or left alone for extended periods of time. 

I am beyond excited and can't wait to see the puppies when they're born and pick out ours! I have a feeling my blog may become the travel.run.live.love-my-puppy blog!  Since this dog probably won't be a running dog, I'll just have to get a second dog.  You may think I'm kidding, but I'm 100% serious. :) 

Feel free to leave boy or girl name suggestions... we're open to ideas!

1 comment: