Image Map

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

And that's a wrap!

Never again will I have to do a Stanford final.  Ever. EVER!  It hasn't quite hit me that I am completely done with Stanford testing, but maybe after tomorrow (our last day) I'll feel more excited!  I wish I could say that the last 2 years flew by and that PA school wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.... but I really can't haha!  It was a long and bumpy road, but I am so grateful to have done it and to have learned so much along the way.  The best part was all the amazing friends I made.  You can't trade that for anything!

 CHEERS! I don't I've ever done a shot in my life!
Luckily there was Bailey's involved so it was pretty tasty.
Yesterday after my practicum (80 minute proctored exam with a live patient who had every sickness under the sun), I decided the perfect celebration would be a run on campus.  Stanford is the most amazing campus I've ever seen and there are unlimited bike/running paths at my disposal.  My favorite run goes from the Stanford Medical Center to The Dish, a gated Habitat Conservation that overlooks Stanford and the San Francisco Peninsula.

The Dish!

It is literally all hills.

 Just when you think you've reached the top, you have another hill to climb.


But when you're done, you feel on top of the world.  And you have an amazing view of campus.


It's pretty much a symbol of my life at Stanford.  Just when you think you're done... you have another rotation, exam, or paper to write! I am so relieved to be at this moment!

Last night we did what any AWESOME class would do and hit up the streets of Palo Alto.  Almost the entire class showed up so we had a great time celebrating!

The entire gang!  PCAP Class of 2013!!
Love this girl.
The boys! (Minus Eric)
The class "Diva" :)
Such great friends!
Our main professor even joined us in the festivities!
Dr. Berry and I!
The night ended with Kareoke and dancing.  And lots of "I love you guys."  (as clearly documented from our group huddle and singing in the picture below, haha!)

We are the champions.
So what's on the agenda now?  Well... it's time to hit the books again.  Until I get my certification, I can't practice as a PA, so I have to keep up my discipline for just a while longer!  When I take it and pass, then I will be able to breathe a sigh of relief!

Let's hope my board exams are like this.

Here are the first 5 things I want to do for fun when I am done:
1.) Build a huge bonfire with all my PA school notes and tests. Okay, maybe not... I want to see Jake.   Spend time laughing at his silly jokes and sweet dance moves.  Talk face-to-face instead of over the phone.  Roam the aisles of Costco together and get free samples (hey, it's the small things!).  Just be married.  :)

2.) Go to a coffee shop with a friend to TALK. There will be no school books, laptops, papers to write, or board review allowed.

3.) Stay in my pajamas all day.  Sleep past 7am, lay in bed for an hour reading for PLEASURE, get up, drink a leisurely cup of coffee, and lay on the couch watching all the shows I've missed out on.   According to Ashley who I currently live with, that includes Bad Girls Club, Downton Abbey and some Vampire/Zombie shows that I can't remember the names of. (Okay, let's be serious, this will never happen.  I'm too ADD to sit on the couch all day, but it's a nice thought).

4.) Cook an elaborate dinner and enjoy every bite of it. (And by elaborate, I mean something more than my usual trader joe's salad or bowl of cereal.  Like THIS Runner's World Recipe )

5.) Four words:
Play
With
My
Puppy.
(Who is due this week, FYI!)

No comments:

Post a Comment