Image Map

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Final FINALS!

I'd tell you the last weeks have been busy, but I think you can probably gather that since I haven't written since the 14th.  Being back with my classmates for the final time has been amazing.  Despite the stressful testing around us, there has been lots of laughs, a few tears, and fun times all around.  Of course, like any awesome class would do, we had a potluck brunch which revealed how perfect of role models we are as PA's to our future patients.

20 different boxes of donuts... what did you say? Diabetes? Hm....
Love this girl!
Mimosas anyone?
Last Tuesday we began our last finals of PA school.  I survived Tuesday's tests and actually did better than I anticipated.  Wednesday... was rough.  We had a five-hour cumulative final that covered everything since day ONE on June 19, 2011.  I left feeling defeated, exhausted and overwhelmed that I still have so much to learn before board exams.  I found out later that night that I passed (wahoo!) so the only thing standing between me and graduation is a practicum on Tuesday (live patient with proctor watching my every move and analyzing how I interact with the patient).  Almost. There.

I wish I could say that after Tuesday I will be done, but the reality is that I still have a lot of studying to do for my national board exam.  That doesn't mean that we won't be celebrating on Tuesday though!  Our entire class will be hitting up the streets of Downtown Palo Alto.  Look out, it could get crazy!  :)

My last long run was the 17 miler... I've been fighting low-back and hamstring issues since being back in class (sitting for 10 hours per day wasn't helping!).  But I'm back on track and just going to take it relatively easy until Boston.  Who knows how the race will go, but I'm going to give it a shot!  

That's all for now, folks.  Can't wait to share all of my random stories and updates when I've recovered from the longest 22 month-long journey in history.  

Here are some pictures of the gorgeous Stanford campus!



No comments:

Post a Comment