Image Map

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Pregnancy Week 29


  Baby Bump

How far along? 29 Weeks, 6 Days
 
Size of the baby: An Acorn Squash!


Maternity clothes? Yes, and I love my new maternity leggings I got last week.  I may start living in leggings with long shirts in the very near future...
Stretch marks? No!  I'm pretty religious about using lotion twice daily though... but that's nothing new.  I've done that since I was a swimmer when I was a kid!  Have to take care of that skin!
Sleep: Pretty good this week... except for when I had the stomach flu.  Still fighting the rib pain, but I don't think that's going to improve any time soon! 
Symptoms:  Heartburn, sore chest region again, emotional...
Best moment this week: 
Miss Anything? I had a rough day at work this week and realllyyyy wanted a glass of wine!  haha
Food cravings: Bread and butter! YUM.
Anything making you queasy or sick:  Aside from the flu when everything made me sick... nothing too much!
Any aversions?  Still disliking the cheerios.
Have you started to show yet: Ha.  No comment.
Baby Names? No. I think we've come to the conclusion we will have to see his little face before making up our minds!  
Belly Button in or out? Mostly outie...
Linea Nigra? Yep!
Wedding rings on or off? On!
Happy or Moody most of the time: Not so much moody as I was emotional.  I had a few really good cries for no apparent reason.  It was awesome.
Movement: Alllllllll the time.  Besides being active after I eat, I've decided he loves music!  Any time I sing or there's music playing (especially at church), he break dances in my belly.  He's just like his Dad and I.  
Looking forward to: Our next prenatal appointment!
New mom tips I received this week (which I love getting!): Take at least 3 months off for maternity leave.  You won't regret it! (I'm really lucky and have a job where I can do just that... and also bring my baby to work with me when I do decide to head back to work!)
Favorite part of being pregnant so far: Feeling baby kick Dad's hand! 
Any Braxton Hicks contractions? I think so.  Just occasional tightening of my tummy, but I'm really not sure!
Feet Swelling? No!
Have you started to "waddle"? No! I was accused of waddling this week after I did squats, but I don't think that counts!
Any weird dreams? Yes!  I had a couple scary dreams involving spiders.  It was quite traumatic.
Still Running? Not this week.  I pulled my groin when I lost my footing on the ice, so I'm out for a bit.  Did weights 2x and lots of the elliptical!  Still working out 6 days a week and feeling great!
Letter to Baby
Hi Bambino!

Happy year of your birth! 2014 is going to be the best year ever... we can't wait to have you in our lives forever!  Lately you've become a master at something... putting on weight.  Right now, your gaining almost a half pound a week.  By the time your born, you'll be 2-3 times bigger than you are now!  Eek!  That means lots of growing for Momma.  I feel like every day my feet slip a little farther and farther out of sight :)  Your adrenal glands are producing a special chemical which then gets converted to estriol by the placenta. Once that happens, it tells my body to make prolactin which makes me produce milk!  I know it sounds like a big, boring, complicated process... but it will help provide you with breakfast, lunch, and dinner, so I'm pretty excited!

I'm sorry if I starved you for a couple days this week.  Your Daddio and I came down with an awful bug which meant you didn't get much other than crackers and gatorade.  Luckily I've developed some "cushion" (aka food stores) for you to feed off of, so I'm sure you were fine!  We celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary and my 28th birthday lying on the couch, but that's okay - As soon as we have a spare night we're going to celebrate for real!  

This week I'm finally able to tell you all about your future best friend.  MY best friend, Katherine, is pregnant too!  I've been dying to tell you all about it!  Her baby is due just 10 weeks after you, so we are so excited to see you two grow up together (even if she does live across the world in France). It will be so much fun.  

I've started the plans for your nursery!  You won't sleep there much in the first few months, but after that it will become your favorite place!  There will be lots of fun colors and plenty of African animals.  I went to Africa with Katherine 4 years ago and fell in love with the culture, animals (especially the Giraffes & Monkeys), and lifestyle.  You will definitely hear all about it when your older!  

I hope your doing well in there, little one!  I'm sure it's strating to get a little bit cramped, but enjoy the extra room while you have it!  It's only going to get worse... :)

All our love,

Mom and Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment