Image Map

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Pregnancy Week 27


Baby Bump
And the sweatiest pregnant girl award goes to.... :)
How far along? 27 Weeks, 6 Days
 
Size of the baby: A rutabega! (Does anyone actually eat these?)


Maternity clothes? Mmm hmm.  Although I had a funny experience with my winter running clothes this week!  It turns out I can't fit into my insulated pants any more... so I ran with them unzipped.  Luckily they didn't fall down, but it was a bit breezy in there!
Stretch marks? Nope!
Sleep: Not so good.  The mid-back pains were pretty annoying this week.
Symptoms:  Thoracolumbar pain (mid-back pain), itchy skin.  
Best moment this week: Feeling baby's first hiccups!
Miss Anything? Sleeping comfortably... Oh well!  
Food cravings: Baby wanted dairy this week!  Which meant a not so happy tummy (lactose-intolerance) for Brittany... but worth it!  Milk, cheese, ice cream... you name it, I wanted it.
Anything making you queasy or sick:  Smell of lettuce... yuck.
Any aversions? The one and only cheerios.  So sad, this was my favorite cereal before being preggo!
Have you started to show yet: More and more each minute!
Baby Names? Jake came back from his trip with a list of names suggested by his cousins' girls.  Their top favorites were Lenny, Randall, and Rowdy.  Haha... needless to say we're still undecided (and those are Not on our list)
Belly Button in or out? Upper part is an outie, lower is still (mostly) an innie
Linea Nigra? Yep, sure do!
Wedding rings on or off? On!
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy this week!  I'm over the cold and cough, and I've been able to rest when I need it!
Movement: Yes! His two most active times are around 3pm, after dinner and 10pm.  
Looking forward to: Getting the nursery set up!
New mom tips I received this week (which I love getting!): Take maternity pictures with Jake.  And do it while you still feel good between 32-35 weeks (ie, before everything swells!).  We'll definitely be doing that!
Favorite part of being pregnant so far: You know... I'm loving all of it.  Sure the aches and pains stink, as does not being able to move as quickly, but knowing my little boy is on his way is the best feeling in the world!
Any Braxton Hicks contractions? I think I felt my first one this week! Belly was contorted into a weird position... not really painful, but definitely felt strange!
Any weird dreams? Lots of dreams this week!
Still Running? Yes! I ran 4 times this week (3  5, 5, & 7!) and also did my weights class and the elliptical.  It felt amazing.  
Letter to Baby
Dear Baby,

It's hard to believe I'm right around the corner from my third trimester!  That means we're just a few months away from meeting face-to-face!  This week you started mastering regular sleeping and waking intervals, opening and closing your eyes, and even sucking your fingers!  You had the hiccups once this week after I ate a spicy meal... it was the cutest little thing in the world. Every day I get to work and my coworkers tell me how much my belly grew overnight, so keep up the good work, you growing machine!

It's almost Christmas... my most favorite holiday of the year!  Your Dad has to work Christmas Eve, but luckily we'll get to spend Christmas day together.  It will be our last Christmas as just the two of us! It will be so much fun to start Christmas traditions with you next year: sledding, building a gingerbread house, making cookies for Santa, decorating the tree, and going to Mass together as a family!  

I'm still feeling pretty good overall and truly LOVING being pregnant!  As much as I miss running long 16 milers (seriously, I do!), having loads of energy, and sleeping comfortably... feeling you wiggle inside me is about a billion times more amazing!  I just can't wait to see what kind of a personality you have!  Everyone tells me little boys are wild and crazy so I'm a bit worried... but either way it will be fun to watch you grow into a little person.  Just 13 weeks more!  Love you to the moon!


Always,


Mom and Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment