Image Map

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Pregnancy Week 28

  Baby Bump
\

How far along? 28 Weeks, 6 Days
 
Size of the baby: An eggplant!


Maternity clothes? Yep!  But still able to fit into most of my regular clothes (if they stretch!).
Stretch marks? No, skin is holding strong!
Sleep: Definitely not sleeping like I used to.  Pretty tired at night, but my right ribs and mid-back are killllinnnggg me lately.
Symptoms:  The dreaded heartburn & itchy skin.
Best moment this week: Our wonderful Christmas together!  It was our last Christmas as just Jake and I so we savored it!  
Miss Anything? Feeling comfortable in my clothes.  And tying my shoes without feeling like a bowling ball is in my ribcage.  
Food cravings: My lemonade craving was back!  
Anything making you queasy or sick:  The smells of fish and lettuce!  Yuck!
Any aversions?  See the last question.  Also couldn't stand the thought of broccoli this week.
Have you started to show yet: I'm officially an inflating balloon...
Baby Names? Ugh... still undecided! We came up with another name this week but it's still not sticking.
Belly Button in or out? It's around a 60% outie, 40% innie!
Linea Nigra? Yes, except it's pretty crooked, haha!
Wedding rings on or off? On!
Happy or Moody most of the time: A wee bit on the moody side this week.  Sorry Jake.
Movement: His new favorite thing is to do the slip and slide in my belly.  He literally kicks side...to side.  Over and over!  It's pretty fun to watch except when he kicks my ribs... eek!
Looking forward to: Our second (official) wedding anniversary!
New mom tips I received this week (which I love getting!): Less nesting, more resting!  (After I told her how I couldn't sit still for more than two seconds!).  Also, I was told to make sure to get a few newborn outfits... most babies won't fit into 0-3 month clothes for a few weeks.  
Favorite part of being pregnant so far: Love the kicks!
Any Braxton Hicks contractions? I'm still not sure if I'm feeling them, but I think I may have had a couple.  Or Bambino was just moving in really weird positions.
Any weird dreams? Yes!  Still dreaming lots... and they consistently have animals chasing me in them.  I wonder what that means?
Still Running? Yes! I ran only two times (5 miles, 5 miles) this week which was okay with me!  It's definitely getting harder... 
Letter to Baby
Dearest little baby boy,

We're officially in our final trimester! Eek! The final countdown begins :) Lately I've been feeling so unprepared for your arrival!  Not that we don't want you to come, but more because we're still not quite settled into the new house and we don't really have baby things!  I did buy a carseat for you this week in case you decide to come early... but please do me a favor and stay in my "oven" as long as you can.  You need to be big and strong when you're born!  But if you decide to come a week or two early that would be okay... As long as your little lungs are ready to breathe on their own! 


Your hair is now starting to fill up that bald scalp of yours- although if you are anything like I was as a baby... you might be bald for the first oh... 10 months of life! Your muscles are moving in a more coordinated fashion, instead of the sharp jerks and pokes I used to feel!  (But I still get quite a few of those too!).  Your blinking your eyes a lot as you adjust to seeing the light and dark world through my belly.  So many new changes!   


Your Dad and I had our last Christmas together with just the two of us! Things will be very different next year with it being your first Christmas! We went to midnight mass on Christmas Eve and slept in nice and late on Christmas Day... it was perfect!  We spent the rest of day with your Auntie and Grandparents which was a lot of fun!  You got all sorts of presents that I can't wait to show you. Including the cutest little moose booties I've ever seen.  


You. Are. So. Loved. 

Love,


Mom and Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment