Image Map

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Pregnancy Week 24

Sorry this is so late... it's been the busiest month of my life!  I'm actually 26 weeks pregnant now, so I have some catching up to do!  Luckily the wedding was a great success and we had the time of our lives, so now Jake and I get to relax and get caught up on "bumpdates!"
Baby Bump

How far along? 24 Weeks, 6 Days

Size of the baby: A cantaloupe!


Maternity clothes? Yep, sure am.
Stretch marks? None!
Sleep: Not a lot of sleep happened this week... So so so busy!
Symptoms:  Feeling full quickly... I have to eat small meals often!
Best moment this week: My bridal shower and bachelorette weekend!
Miss Anything? Strangely I really wanted a glass of wine this week.  But don't worry, I didn't.
Food cravings: Still liking the carrots.
Anything making you queasy or sick: A few medical smells that I won't go into.  Vicks nasal rub is a lifesaver.
Any aversions? Still a no-go to hot chocolate.  
Have you started to show yet: More and more every day!
Baby Names? Changes daily.  Our top 3 names are decided, but other than that we can't seem to make up our minds!
Belly Button in or out? Partial in-outie
Linea Nigra? Yes.  It's officially here. 
Wedding rings on or off? Still off until the renewal of vows/wedding
Happy or Moody most of the time: Many happy moments this week, but also had to cope with some of the more challenging moments I've ever had.  Planning a wedding while pregnant is hard. haha
Movement: All the time! 
Looking forward to:  Our renewal of vows next weekend!!
New mom tips I received this week (which I love getting!): Make time for you and Jake when the baby comes.  You will both feel like zombies, but make sure to communicate and ensure both your needs are met.  Reconnect with each other daily with something other than baby.
Favorite part of being pregnant so far: Seeing the movement from the outside and feeling the kicks!
Any Braxton Hicks contractions? None yet!
Any weird dreams? Nothing too crazy this week! 
Still Running? I ran 3 miles three times this week! YIPPEE!! Still having a little hamstring pain, but overall I feel great!  I am SO happy!  I did the elliptical to supplement the running and even did my weights class 3 times (with lighter weights and modifications to avoid straining my back)!  It was an amazing week of workouts!  
Letter to Baby

Hi baby!

This week you got to attend your first (and probably only!) bridal shower and bachelorette party!  I don't think many sons will be able to say they went to their mom's bachelorette party :)  My sister, mom, and closest friends arranged a wonderful day filled with a running-themed shower and a surprise photo shoot in the snow!  It was the perfect day and I know you had fun too!

Now that the majority of your organs are developed, you have a very important job... put on weight!  You're already up to about 1 pound 3 ounces, and at this point you'll be putting on about 6 oz each week!  Wow! I've been able to feel your kicks steadily getting stronger... it's my favorite part of my day to feel you say, "what's up mom?"  

In just one week, your Dad and I will renew our vows and have a wedding ceremony.  I wish I could explain to you how much I love your Dad.  Words just don't do justice...  He really makes my world go round and I thank God every day he sent me your Dad. He can make me laugh no matter what mood I'm in, he gives the greatest hugs in the entire world, he has a huge, compassionate heart, and I have no doubt he is going to be the best Dad there has ever been.  I am so excited to walk down the aisle and tell him "I do" again!  And I'm so grateful you get to be there too!  :)  

All our love,

Mom and Dad


No comments:

Post a Comment