Image Map

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Pregnancy Week 23

Baby Bump

How far along? 23 Weeks, 6 Days

Size of the baby: A grapefruit!


Maternity clothes? Ohhhh yeah.
Stretch marks? No! 
Sleep: No time to sleep this week!  Family is coming to town at the end of the week so the to-do didn't allow for much more than 6 hours of sleep/night.
Symptoms:  Feeling full after eating small portions & winded after going upstairs! The best news though? Back and sacral pain are almost gone! 
Best moment this week: Running 2 miles! This is an amazing thing!
Miss Anything? Sleeping on my back & stomach
Food cravings: Carrots with ranch
Anything making you queasy or sick: The smell of raw meat.
Any aversions? Goldfish crackers.  Used to love those little fishes.
Have you started to show yet: There's no going back now!  Yes indeed :)
Baby Names? Now we're not sure... haha.  We thought we had it all figured out now we're back to the drawing board.
Belly Button in or out? Still holding on to my partial innie... it looks pretty silly.
Wedding rings on or off? Off (only because they're at the jeweler getting all shiny and polished for our renewal of vows/wedding!)
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy but definitely struggling with managing with stress management  (I don't recommend having a wedding, moving, and starting a job while pregnant.)
Movement: Like you wouldn't believe!
Looking forward to:  December when I can finally relax and not plan a wedding! 
New mom tips I received this week (which I love getting!): Lucky number 7.  When you become a mom (maybe after the first 3 months), make sure you spend 7 hours/week doing something for you.  And that doesn't include going to the grocery store OR working out.  Find time to reconnect with who you are so you can be a better mother & wife.  Love this advice.
Favorite part of being pregnant so far: It's all pretty awesome... but I can't get enough of feeling his little kicks!!
Any Braxton Hicks contractions? None yet!
Any weird dreams? I had one that Diego was chasing a moose.  Eek, I need to stop dreaming about moose!  
Still Running? I ran 2 miles this week! YIPPEE!! It felt okay so I'm going to build up slowly and hopefully get up to 3-5 miles if my body allows.  I did the elliptical as usual this week and incorporated free weights that didn't strain my back.  
Letter to Baby

Hi little one,

The days seem to be flying by lately.  I can't believe it's almost time for your Dad and my renewal of vows/wedding celebration. We've been busy getting the house ready for relatives who are going to stay with us, which includes lots of late nights and little sleep!  I'm sorry I haven't had time to rest and relax, but I'm sure all of my movement is like a rocking chair lulling you to sleep.  

This week the bones in your inner ear began to harden, which means you can hear clearly and start to differentiate high and low pitch noises.  I'm sure you're familiar with the vacuum by now; I feel like I've been cleaning nonstop!  And you'll definitely know your big brother's bark by your birthday- he likes to warn us about the moose outside! With those little ears developing, you're also able to tell which way is up and down. I think you really like doing somersaults because your little kicks move all over my belly. Watching you kick is probably my favorite thing to do these days; I like to think you're sending me a message about life on the inside. You really like to kick after I eat candy, so I'm guessing that's a message saying you're going to be just like me and share my love of Juju Fruits and Swedish Fish. You're one smart boy.


I've been looking at pictures of your Dad as a baby, and I can't wait to see if you look like him. I really hope so because he's pretty darn handsome. I was a cute, bald baby for about a year. Then one day a bunch of curls popped out on my head and they started multiplying!  I was also a big baby... I weighed over 9 pounds at birth.  Please don't try to be like your mom in that regard... around 6 or 7 pounds would be fabulous! :) But as long as you are healthy, we will be relieved!  We love you more each day!

Until next week,

Mom and Dad



No comments:

Post a Comment