Image Map

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Pregnancy Week 20

Week 20 is also known as the week my belly decided to triple in size.
Baby Bump

How far along? 20 Weeks, 6 Days

Size of the baby: A banana!



For those who cannot relate to fruit:

(Normally I have a funny picture here, but this week's was inappropriate for me... just think of a female's chest...)

Maternity clothes? Yes, but I'm still wearing the pre-preggo jeans with the Bella Band
Stretch marks? No!
Sleep: Great sleep this week... although I was exhausted!
Symptoms: Sacral pain and super fatigued this week!
Best moment this week: Getting adorable baby gifts in the mail from family and friends.  This baby is already so loved!
Miss Anything? Running :( :( :( :( :(
Food cravings: Bubble gum and pumpkin bread!  Weird, I know!
Anything making you queasy or sick: The smell of fish is still not my friend.
Have you started to show yet: Yes!  This week baby really seemed to pop out!
Baby Names?  Yes!  I think we've picked one!  But it's a surprise :)
Belly Button in or out? Innie... but I think I might actually be developing a bit of an outie!  There's a tiny part at the top of my belly button that is sticking out!  Eek!
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Ehhh this week my pregnancy hormones decided to rear their ugly face.  Sorry Jake.  I love you dearly.
Movement: Yes!  Baby is either going to be a soccer player or a gymnast :)  Or HOPEFULLY a runner!
Looking forward to:  Hopefully my back pain getting better!
New mom tips I received this week (which I love getting!): Don't really listen to people's birth stories... usually you only hear the bad ones!  Fear is the only thing (with a normal birth!) that makes childbirth difficult.  Someone actually told me it's like a marathon.  Just keep your eye on the finish line and truly be in each moment.  This was a great thing to hear!
Ideas on birth plan? As natural as I can while being realistic.  I'd prefer no epidural, but it all depends on how long I end up being in labor and if everything goes as planned! 
Favorite part of being pregnant so far: Finding out the gender... Love my little boy! 
Still Running? Saddest part of pregnancy so far... I had to stop running. I hurt my sacrum somehow (I'm 99% sure it was from lifting something heavy before I left on my Cali trip... I know bad girl) and the pain is pretty unbearable when I walk, let alone run. So for now, the elliptical, bike, and pool get my undivided attention. I worked out 6 days this week for 60-90 mins. I'm going to PT and getting active release therapy (a type of therapy) so hopefully I'll be better soon and able to hit the streets in a couple weeks! 
Letter to Baby
Dear Little Bambino,

That is my new favorite nickname for you, by the way. Our little Italian-Irish-Polish baby! :) Congratulations... we made it half way! Only ~20 weeks until we meet face-to-face! (And if it's around 19 I'd be happy with that too!) I'm sure it's cozy in there, so you may not want to leave... but I promise your dad and my arms are a lot more cozy.

You are officially a growing machine. This past week my energy felt like it had been zapped, so I'm going to blame it on your growth spurt!  Good work, little one!  This week your digestive system made great strides! You are now swallowing like a champ and producing a thick substance called meconium. I'm sure that's something you're extremely interested in, but it's a sure sign you're on your way to living in the outside world! 

It was hard to leave Califotnia and head back to reality in cold Alaska, but it feels so good to be back at home with your Dad and Diego. We have been hard at work in the house with decorating/painting to make the house comfortable and homey! You're Dad is the greatest and painted your bedroom! It's no longer stark white, instead it's a soft and comforting grey. I'm sure you'll like it. Your relatives are coming to visit at the end of November and we finally got beds for them to sleep on. We're really looking forward to having them here... expect lots of conversations and pats through my belly.

I hope you're doing well in there... I know you like it when I eat anything sweet because you decide to do jumping jacks in my tummy. Already a little athlete :) We love you so much! 

Mom and Daddio!

No comments:

Post a Comment