Image Map

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Once Upon a Time...

Once upon a time....

I was really good at posting regularly!  Jake and I are renewing our vows in just 17 days (pretty much a wedding), so that means we are BUSY BUSY BUSY!

It doesn't mean I'm not thankful though :)

Here's the grateful recap for the past few days!

Day 8:

Today I am thankful for... Fridays.

Lately when Friday comes around, I have never been so grateful to get off work and get home.  Mainly because I want to change into my sweatpants and not change out of them for two days straight.



There is something so magical about having time to relax and be at home in your sweats.  Although I guess that would be true if we were actually lazy on the weekends, but lately I have been so busy running around doing wedding stuff I barely have time to sit down... but regardless, it's a weekend and I love it.  :)

Day 9:

Today I am thankful for... People who are amazing and help out when you need them.

Those of you in this world who will drop everything to be there for someone are heaven-sent.  I feel so blessed to have wonderful friends who are here for me when my to-do list is overflowing!

On a side note, I wish my to-do list looked like this:


Let's all promise to do this list... m'kay?

Day 10:

Today I am thankful for... FAMILY soup nights!

Jake's side of the family has a tradition to have a soup pot luck every few months.  I don't know about you, but I believe whole heartedly that soup is good for the soul.  It is so soothing, especially when it is a snow storm outside!  Jake and I hosted the first of many family soup nights at our house on Sunday and it was a great success!  19 family members and they all fit very comfortably in the house!  Between the homemade soups (chicken tortilla, chicken noodle, and split pea), the delicious bread, and the chocolate cake with orange sherbet... I was in heaven.  Add 5 little kiddos to the mix and it was the perfect night.  I love Jake's relatives.

This is a horrible picture, but I'm forgetful and didn't get out my phone until the night was almost over.  There was a dance party happening.


This was another one of our visitors on Sunday.

Why hello Mr. Moose!
Day 11:

Today I am thankful for... SNOW.

The beautiful white snow finally fell from the sky.  It took long enough!  We got about 6 inches of snow which turned Alaska into a winter wonderland.  I can't say I was grateful for the horrendous road conditions in the morning, but luckily I have a great SUV that handles the roads like a champ!  I'm hoping the snowy weather continues so I don't feel so guilty for baking wintery treats.  Bring on the cookies, cracker candy, homemade eggnog (although I won't be able to have any this year!), and pumpkin flavored everything!



Day 12:

Today I am thankful for... Physical Therapy.

It is working WONDERS.  I'm feeling fabulous and hoping I'll be able to run by this weekend!  No more than a couple miles but I'll take anything I can get.  I. MISS. RUNNING.


 Dear Shoes, 

I miss you too. 

Love, Brittany


Day 13:

Today I am thankful for...

This face.


Okay, I know I've already been thankful for Diego once this month.  But really?  Have you ever seen anything so adorable?

I am also thankful for my thoughtful husband that I fall more in love with every day.  I cannot wait to renew my vows with him in just a couple weeks!

On our wedding day two years ago!

1 comment:

  1. "Worries go down better with soup than without."

    - Yiddish proverb

    ReplyDelete