Image Map

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Pregnancy Week 22


Baby Bump
First Snow!  And yes, I was freezing for this picture!
How far along? 22 Weeks, 6 Days

Size of the baby: A papaya!



Maternity clothes? Yes, a little of both pre-baby and preggo clothes.
Stretch marks? No! 
Sleep: About 50% good sleep this week. Mostly because my mind won't stop working! Leg cramps continue but I think I determined they happen when I'm dehydrated.
Symptoms: Sacral pain improved! A little pain in my hips, leg cramps at night, and feeling full quickly... all were easy to deal with though! Feeling good this week! 
Best moment this week: Being mostly pain free
Miss Anything? Running. Also my emotional stability (haha!)
Food cravings: Chex cereal without milk, gummy candy (that one was short lived- once I had it I was fine!)
Anything making you queasy or sick: Iceberg lettuce 
Any aversions? Hot chocolate! Normally I have hot cocoa at least 4 times per week... Now I can't even stomach the thought. Also salsa. So strange! It was literally one of my favorite foods before pregnancy! 
Have you started to show yet: Yes. All 15 patients yesterday asked when my baby is due. 
Baby Names? Yep! 
Belly Button in or out? Partial innie... Partial outie! 
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Moody but improved this week
Movement: Oh yeah! You can see my stomach move from the outside! He likes to wake me up in the morning and practice boxing at night when I'm falling asleep. 
Looking forward to:  Our renewal of vows in 2 weeks! 
New mom tips I received this week (which I love getting!): This is a labor one... but walk as much as you can while in labor.  It will help relieve the pain and also allow gravity to do it's thing!  
Favorite part of being pregnant so far: Loving all of it!
Any Braxton Hicks contractions? Not that I know of! 
Any weird dreams? Definitely had some strange ones this week.  A lot of them involved moose which is likely due to the fact we have two moose living in our yard!  
Still Running? No, but things are definitely looking up. I'm almost 100% pain free so hopefully I can start running in a few days! We'll see how my body does!  I actually did the elliptical 7 days this week... I don't know how that happened! Feeling strong! :)  
Letter to Baby

Mi amor,

What is it like inside my stomach? I imagine it's like being in a giant pool (although quickly shrinking because of how fast you're growing!) where you can breathe underwater forever. Maybe like scuba diving minus all the fish and beautiful coral... :) I've determined you like to do your morning and evening exercises every day- you're just like your mom. Jumping jacks, karate kicks, and boxing. You are quite the little athlete! It is my favorite part of my day to feel you moving inside me, even if the punches and jabs are getting more forceful! 


You are now the size of a papaya! 
I keep telling you this, but you are just growing like crazy! It's unreal how my stomach grows overnight! I'm glad to see you're getting bigger. Each day is one day closer to meeting you! This week you developed taste buds on your tongue. These tiny little buds will help you enjoy all the yummy foods in this world (like a few of my favorites: gummy candy, spicy foods, and cereal. Yes, I know, I have strange taste buds).  You're starting to look like a tiny version of what you'll be on your birthday, but you still have a lot of growing to do! It's hard to believe your weight will be 6-7 times what it is now when you're born. That's a lot of growing!


It's starting to hit me how quickly you will be here. March is just around the corner!  November is flying by with family coming on the 22nd, Thanksgiving on the 28th, and our Renewal of Vows on the 30th! Then it's December and the countdown to Christmas begins! If you didn't know, I am in love with Christmas. You will be too. I promise. It's a time of year that reminds us of the purest love there is with Jesus being born. Of course, there's also the Christmas music (that I'm secretly going to start listening to in a week or so...), the delicious Christmas goodies, the parties with friends, decorating the Christmas tree, and giving gifts to those you love the most! Get excited- you will love it! 

Love you so much, little one.

Mom and Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment