Image Map

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Pregnancy Week 21

Baby Bump

How far along? 21 Weeks, 6 Days

Size of the baby: A juicy pomegranate!



Maternity clothes? Yep! I'm thinking of buying another pair of maternity work pants though...  that loose waistband feels so good when you're on your feet all day!
Stretch marks? No! 
Sleep: Slept like a little baby! But I did start having these AWFUL leg cramps in the night that wake me at least 6 times.  Fun.
Symptoms: Ongoing sacral pain, lack of appetite (I thought I got rid of that symptom a few weeks ago but it's back! Grrrr...), & exhaaauussstted.
Best moment this week: Seeing baby move from the outside!  I can now see his little kicks through my stomach! What an incredible feeling.
Miss Anything? Just running. It makes me very sad.
Food cravings: S'mores ice cream & salad! (At least they balance each other out!)
Anything making you queasy or sick: I definitely almost threw up while handling raw moose meat this weekend...
Have you started to show yet: Strangers have officially started touching my belly, so I would say so!  Why do they do that? 
Baby Names?  Yes :)  But for now we will call him our little Bambino.
Belly Button in or out? Holding on to my innie for a bit longer. It looks like things are a-changing!
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Still on the moody side. Sorry world....
Movement: Definitely an active little guy! Especially at night after dinner and when I'm trying to sleep :) 
Looking forward to:  Family coming to visit in a few weeks!
New mom tips I received this week (which I love getting!): Don't worry if you can't run throughout the entire pregnancy, you'll pick right up where you were after the baby is born. (I hope they were right!) Still hoping I'll be able to run in a couple weeks!
Favorite part of being pregnant so far: Finding out the gender... Love my little boy!
Still Running? I don't want to talk about it.  :(  Still no running, but I'm definitely on the mend.  I made great strides this week in PT and I'm feeling much better!  Hopefully next week I can get out on  a little trial run!  This week I worked out 6 days on the elliptical and also added in stretches, my trusty foam roller, and ab work.  
Letter to Baby

Dear Pequeño,



Did you know that I speak Spanish? You've probably heard me speaking it with my patients lately and wondered what the heck I'm saying. I'm planning on speaking to you in both Spanish and English so you can hopefully know both as you grow up! Studying Spanish was one do the best decisions I made; I studied it in middle school and high school,and in college I went on an exchange to Spain. I will definitely encourage you to travel the world and learn about other cultures because it is the most rewarding experience you can have. 

You now weigh about a pound! Can you believe that just 21 weeks ago you were just two tiny cells? What a miracle! This week you started swallowing some of the fluid you're floating in: the amniotic fluid. It has lots of sugar in it, so you're actually getting a little bit of nutrition from it (and it's good practice for your intestines when you start drinking milk!) Between that and the nutrients from my blood. you should be growing like a little bean! Your eyelids are now developed and you can almost sense light vs dark- although I'm sure it's pretty dark in there most of the time! 

It's November now which usually means winter is in full swing in Alaska. But for some reason, this year it has been warm and snowless! Pretty rare! I've been enjoying it though because I know we'll get the white stuff eventually and it will stay for 6 months! I hope you inherit your Dad's love of snow and his thick skin. I, on the other hand, could spend every day at the beach with the warm sun on my face. The winters can be hard living up here, but luckily we'll teach you all of the fun things to do in Alaska like sledding, building a snowman, snowshoeing, skiing, snowmachining, and running in the snow! (And then I'll take you in vacation to warm places so you can experience the best of both worlds!) My biggest hope for you is that you are given every opportunity you could ever want to help you find your calling and purpose in the world- my parents did this for me and I hope we can do the same for you, little bambino! 

Love you muchisimo!

Mamacita and Papa!

No comments:

Post a Comment