Image Map

Monday, November 4, 2013

Day 3: Sundays with My Hubby

Today I am grateful for...

Relaxing Sundays with my hubby. 

Jake has worked the past few Sundays so we haven't had a chance to spend a lot of time together... And now that I actually have a job, I remember just how precious our weekends together are!

So what did our day consist of?

An EXTRA hour of sleep (wahoo!  I love fall daylight savings!), Gym, breakfast, Church, errands, my first 3D movie (I'm not a big movie person but you have to see Gravity... It was amazing), dinner, pumpkin chocolate chip bread, and watching 24 on Netflix. 

Yes, we're pretty awesome in our 3D glasses

Jake and I don't have cable or even basic TV, just Netflix. Mainly because we'd rather spend time doing other things than sit in front of the TV. The winters in Alaska can get long and depressing because of the limited daylight and cold weather (Did you know Alaska has one of the highest rates of Depression in the country?). So to avoid that we try to have friends over, cook together, do house projects, and go out. 

With that being said... Jake and I are officially hooked on 24. Ha! We watched one season a few years ago and vowed never to watch it again because we were hooked and literally had all-night 24 marathons. Well... A few weeks ago, we decided to watch just one episode. Two seasons later.,. We're hooked. Luckily it's taking us a while to get through a season (Because I can't seem to stay awake much later than 9:30!) but we're definitely watching more tv than I like!  So here's my recommendation to you: if you are bored out of your mind and want to spend the next 24 hours of your life on a couch, then watch 24. I should convince jake to get two treadmills/ellipticals to watch it on, then maybe I wouldn't feel so guilty! 

It was a perfect day and now it's back to reality! I hope everyone had a good weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment