Image Map

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Always Zip Your Pockets.

One of my favorite running buddies in Alaska is my friend Riley.  She is up for anything and is a die-hard workout-aholic like someone else you might know...


Yesterday we decided to go on a trail run at a place called Powerline Pass.  360 degrees of mountains, blue skies, and beautiful summer sun. Once started along the path, we quickly realized that it was going to be a HOT run.  No shade + not even a touch of breeze + 75 degrees = sticky, sweaty mess. Apparently my "California-acclimatization" didn't last long.  That's okay though, we decided to cut the run a little bit short and turn back at 3 miles for a 6 mile loop.

Beautiful Alaska.
Fast forward to mile 4.5, I had to pee.  Thank goodness for small bladders because I also realized at that time that my car key was no longer in my pocket...


So, you can imagine the rest of the story.  We retraced last 1.5 mile, and of course, it was all the way back at the turn-around point.  How's that for an extra 3 mile motivation?  It worked out and we were both secretly glad I dropped the key for an extra workout.  And even more glad I found it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment