Image Map

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Pregnancy Week 34


  Baby Bump

How far along? 34 Weeks, 6 Days
 
Size of the baby: A butternut squash!


Maternity clothes? Mmm hmmm..
Stretch marks? Nope!
Sleep: Not so good. Pretty tough finding a position that doesn't hurt my sacrum/low back :( That and every night around 2am I woke up ravenous.  Baby must be growing! 
Symptoms: More short of breath, restless legs at night (but luckily it goes away when I lie down!), & I can't find a meal that sounds good
Best moment this week: Our weekend getaway to Homer!
Miss Anything? Being pain-free.  I'm such a whiner, sorry.  But it hurrrttttsssss :(
Food cravings: Bread, chocolate soymilk, and coconut ice cream. YUM.
Any aversions? Anything that smells strong. No Italian, fish, Indian, or Mexican for this girl.  Pretty much all foods with a smell sound awful.  Makes eating out a challenge!
Have you started to show yet:  Totally and completely.
Baby Names? We added another to our unofficial list!  Now we have like 6 to choose from when he arrives :)
Belly Button in or out? Love my little outie!
Linea Nigra? Yes and getting a little darker!
Wedding rings on or off? On! My fingers are usually pretty swollen in the morning right when I wake up.  But by the time I'm up and walking around they're back to normal.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy, happy, happy!  But not happy when I feel like my pelvis is going to split in half.  
Movement: SOOO much.  I LOVE IT.
Looking forward to:  Delivery day!
New mom tips I received this week (which I love getting!):  Be selfish and take time for you NOW!  Get a massage if you can, rest on the couch without feeling guilty, and sleep in!  (I can't seem to let myself slow down, so I reallllyyyyy need to find a way to listen to this).
Favorite part of being pregnant so far: Seeing the kicks get stronger and stronger!  
Any Braxton Hicks contractions? Yes, they're here!  
Feet Swelling? Nope!
Have you started to "waddle"? Yes.  I wanted to avoid waddling but there's no denying it now.
Any weird dreams? Not that I can remember this week
Over being pregnant? Not yet.  I feel great except for the sacral pain so if that weren't an issue I'd be okay with it all!  But I think my answer is going to change here in the next couple weeks...
Still Running? No :(  I'm able to do the elliptical and upper body weights without pain (as long as I wear my sacral support brace).  Running is officially off the list for a while.  Probably not until after baby at this point which I AM OKAY WITH!  I can barely walk let alone think of running right now.
Letter to Baby
Baby, baby, baby!!

34 weeks with you inside and only 6 more to go!  Do you think you'll be early?  I'd really be okay with that at this point, so feel free to come when you're ready! I know most Moms are late for their first baby so it could be a while, but I'm hoping that I'll get to meet you a little before you're due date. By now you're settling into the birth position with your head down.  I can tell you are there because you have the hiccups at least twice a day and I can feel the little spasms right next to my bladder!  The fine, soft hair that once covered your body for warmth is now almost completely gone!  Your immune system is taking charge for itself instead of relying on my me and the placenta.  You are becoming your own man already :)

Your Dad, Diego, and I got away this week for a much-needed vacation in Homer, AK.  It's a small little fishing town about 5 hours south of where we live and it was beautiful!  It is a bit of a ghost town in the winter but during the summer it is full of fishermen and tourists.  Your Dad and I plan to take you there this summer, so you'll get to see it soon enough!  We stayed in a beautiful condo right on the water so we got to hear the waves crashing all night long.  We ate delicious meals, walked on the beach with Diego (who was in HEAVEN) and explored the empty town.  It was just perfect.  It was our last trip with just the three of us which is bittersweet, so we took advantage of the time we had to sleep in and relax.  I'm going to miss the alone time with your Dad but I know life will be so much better with you around.  

Next week is your baby shower and I am so excited!  Be prepared to hear lots of "ooooh and ahhhhhs."  You are so loved, little one, and I can't wait for you to meet all the wonderful people in our lives!  

Hugs and kisses

Mom and Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment