Image Map

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Pregnancy Week 38


Okay, this post is about 3 weeks late... but things got very busy! I forgot to post the last two entries  so here they are.  And I have good news... our little bundle is finally here!  I'll introduce him to you soon! :)
 Baby Bump


How far along? 38 Weeks, 6 Days
 
Size of the baby: A Pumpkin!


Maternity clothes? Yes.  I was in love with the leggings this week.  So comfy.
Stretch marks? Nope!
Sleep: No. I don't want to talk about it unless it will put me to sleep.  
Symptoms: Achy pelvis and hips, heartburn, headaches, acne... my body is officially in freak-out mode.
Best moment this week: Deciding I am going to stop working at 39 weeks!  Maybe I will finally get some rest!
Miss Anything? Picking up the phone and not having to say "No, no baby yet."
Food cravings: Coconut Milk Ice Cream.  OMG. Try it.  You won't be disappointed.  Also I'm hooked on black tea (decaf) with soy milk creamer and agave syrup.  Random, I know.  
Any aversions? Most food doesn't sound very good these days... my tummy has no room to expand!
Have you started to show yet: Yes and if I'm not careful, my shirts ride up and you can see what looks like a beer gut.  
Baby Names? We'll pick once he's here!
Belly Button in or out? Out out out out out.
Linea Nigra? Yep and as crooked as ever!
Wedding rings on or off? On!  No finger swelling!
Happy or Moody most of the time: I am definitely more moody, but not too bad.  It's just more from being tired and starting to feel a little bit uncomfortable. 
Movement: Like a kick-boxing pro.
Looking forward to: I'll give you ONE guess!
New mom tips I received this week (which I love getting!):  Don't listen to anyone's advice with a new baby... he's your baby and your instinct won't let you down.  
Favorite part of being pregnant so far: Seeing his little feet poke around!
Any Braxton Hicks contractions?  Yes, getting more and more but frustrated that not much is happening in the way of dilation!  
Feet Swelling? Nope!
Have you started to "waddle"? There's definitely a waddle to my step.
Any weird dreams? I feel like I dreamt a lot this week but I can't remember any of them!
Over being pregnant? I've loved the last 9 months, but I am beyond ready to meet our little bambino now.
Nesting? Yes!  A few nights of non-stop cleaning this week.
Car Seat Installed? Yes!
Hospital Bag Packed? Partially!  
Dilated/Effaced? (And sorry if this is TMI): No. Notta thing.
Still Running? No more running for this Momma.  Did the elliptical 6x and weights 2x.  Feeling more and more fatigued but once I work out I feel good again!

Letter to Baby
Baby, baby, baby...

Why you gotta drive me crazy?  Just kidding... You don't drive me crazy at all.  But I definitely want to meet you!  I'm starting to think that since I had such an easy pregnancy, you're making me wait as long as possible to make your grand entrance.  I know I still have a week until my due date but you definitely seem comfy and cozy inside and don't seem to want to make a move any time soon! I think my biggest mistake throughout the pregnancy was listening to everyone who told me, "You are going to be so early!"  Luckily, I know you won't be inside me forever and before you know it I will be snuggling you in my arms.  And I'm happy you're going to be fully developed with big strong lungs!

This week you continued to put on weight and allowed your brain and lungs to develop a little bit more. Your tear ducts formed this week which will help your teeny tiny tears drain out of your eyes.  I wonder what your cry will sound like.  I hear Mom's say they think their baby's cry is the cutest in the whole world.  Will you have the cutest cry?  I'm sure I will think so, but I hope you don't cry too much!  

This week is my last week of work!  I don't think words can express how excited I am to be done working for a few months. I was hoping to work up until you actually arrive, but I haven't been able to sleep at night so it's making work a lot more challenging. That, and it's pretty hard to carry you around all day!  Being done working means you're finally coming, which makes me the happiest girl in the world!  As much as I love my job and coworkers, I'm sure I'm going to love being a Mom more!  

I'm going to say it now, in case you (hopefully) come in the next week:
Little Bambino, I have loved carrying you around for the past 9 months.  From the moment we saw two pink lines on the pregnancy test, we've fallen madly in love with you.  Seeing your heartbeat on the ultrasound monitor took our breath away and we knew we could never live without you. I loved seeing my body change and grow each week as I felt you come alive inside me. With every tiny kick, little hiccup, and wave of the hands, I have been reassured that you are growing safely inside me.  God has blessed us beyond measure with the gift of new life and I have cherished the time we've shared connected as one.  You are my other third, my future best friend, my whole world.  I cannot wait to meet you face-to-face and begin sharing the rest of our lives together. 

We love you more than you will ever know!

Always & Forever,

Mom & Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment