Image Map

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Pregnancy Week 37



  Baby Bump

How far along? 37 Weeks, 6 Days
 
Size of the baby: A winter Melon!


Maternity clothes? Yep.  If it were up to me, I'd live in sweatpants all day long.  But that doesn't exactly qualify as work attire.
Stretch marks? No! None!
Sleep: Things have gone from bad to worse.  I've been sleeping less than 3 hours/night.  I wish I had a good reason (other than peeing every 2 hours), but really I just lay there staring blankly into the dark.  I can't figure it out!  If anyone has advice, please let me know!
Symptoms: Super exhausted, no appetite, heartburn, and headaches
Best moment this week: Feeling baby "drop!"  I can breathe again, woo woo!
Miss Anything? Definitely missed running this week.
Food cravings: Froyo.  I had it for dinner twice this week again...  Super healthy, I know, but it makes me happy.  
Any aversions? Fish, fish, and more fish. Also kind of turned off to coffee lately!
Have you started to show yet:  Holy cow, yes.
Baby Names? Nothing official!
Belly Button in or out? Outie McOuterson.
Linea Nigra? Yep!
Wedding rings on or off? On!
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy but tired.  
Movement: There's a tsunami in my belly!
Looking forward to: Baby's birthday!
New mom tips I received this week (which I love getting!):  Without going into too much detail but after giving birth things are a wee bit sore so I was told to take colace religiously and use dermoplast and tucks pads.  Oh the joys of giving birth... :)
Favorite part of being pregnant so far: Kicks, kicks, and more kicks! 
Any Braxton Hicks contractions? Yes, definitely there. Some more uncomfortable ones this week too.
Feet Swelling? Nope!
Have you started to "waddle"? Yep I am.
Any weird dreams? Not as many dreams this week, mainly because I haven't been sleeping!
Over being pregnant? I hate to say it, but I think I'm there.  I am really feeling ready to meet our little man.
Nesting? Yes, most definitely.  
Car Seat Installed? Done!  
Hospital Bag Packed? No... I still need to do that... haha.
Dilated/Effaced? (And sorry if this is TMI) Nope and nope. Come on baby, let's do this! 
Still Running? Nope.  Got in the elliptical 6x and weights 2x, but it was harder this week.  I'm having trouble getting up at my usual 5:30 wake up time when I don't get much sleep!  
Letter to Baby
Hello little one,

We're getting so close!  You are officially full term which means all of the important developments have been done... now you're busy practicing your breathing, sucking, sleeping, gazing and peeing abilities. Good work, son.  Good work.  

This week was a hard week for your Momma.  I got very little sleep but I'm not going to blame it directly on you. :) I can actually get pretty comfortable thanks to the 24,914 pillows I use every night. But for some reason I wake up around 2am and I'm usually up for anywhere from 4-5 hours.  Then it's time to get up for work.  It's been interesting seeing patients on such little sleep (and by interesting... I mean very difficult!). Luckily there is a light at the end of the tunnel and I know it won't last forever! Pretty soon your little cries will be keeping me up instead!

This week we put a lot of finishing touches on the nursery and it looks great!  I can't wait to show you when you get here.  My new favorite spot to sit (besides my birthing ball that your awesome Auntie gave me) is in the glider in your room.  I love to sit and rock back and forth, back and forth, especially when I can't sleep at night.  I like to think it is getting you used to the movement for when you get here.  It will be wonderful.  Another part of the room I love is your book collection.  It's still a work in progress, but you'll learn quickly that your Dad and I love to read.  Get ready for bedtime stories every single night. 

There's just 2 weeks until your due date and I am beyond ready to have you here in my arms.  I want to hold your little hands, kiss your sweet little nose, and snuggle you forever. Your Dad and I have been appreciating the last few weeks of time to ourselves so I understand if you want a little longer to grow.  All I ask is that you arrive healthy and ready for non-stop love. Can you handle that?  

Love you little one,

Mom and Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment