Image Map

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Back When...


Remember the days when I used to write about something other than my baby bump? Sorry I've fallen off that bandwagon. I know you must reallyyyy enjoy reading about my heartburn woes and Braxton hicks contractions ;)

Truth be told... it's been really hard to find time to sit down and write like I used to.  How did I find time when I was in Grad School?  I think it was more a stress reliever than anything!  That, and I didn't have this compulsive need to clean everything in sight!

I've still been working my normal schedule (eek!) but after a really tough week last week, I've decided to call it good. Working until 39 weeks pregnant is enough for this girl! (And yes, I'm a couple weeks behind in baby bumpdates... I'll do it tonight!) So tomorrow will be my last day! I actually love being at work and find it a great distraction, but when you get literally 2-4 hours of interrupted sleep each night, it's hard to function normally!

Diego is getting excited to be a big brother. He tells me daily by trying to chew on Bambino's stuffed animals and mobiles. An arm with chewy toys attached... what more could a puppy want? 


A couple weeks ago, Jake and I did a maternity photo shoot with our close friend and AMAZING photographer, Aliki. Here are a few of my favorites! On a side note, my belly looks huge!



My Mom arrives tonight! It'll be nice to have her here when the little guy arrives! I have one request for each of you... Please start doing a baby dance for me because I really want her and my Dad (who will fly here when I go into labor) to be able to spend as much time with him as possible (instead of grumpy-as-a-beached-whale-Brittany.). ;) Speaking of beached whales and other larger-than-life animals, this is what I'm starting to feel like:


If you've followed the weekly updates, you'll see that I'm no longer running :( It's been hard the last couple weeks to go without it now that I'm pain free (Wahoo!! Love physical therapy!) but I know I need to save up for the real race... Labor and delivery. It's funny, the other day one of my good friends was comparing labor to running a marathon you've been training and waiting for for your whole life. Except you have no idea when the race date is and there's a bunch of false starts that get your hopes up. It's so true! I'm in the taper stage now, and I reallllllly hope the race comes soon! 

I'm still able to go to the gym daily (thank goodness!) but I'll be completely honest with you: Working out is not easy. I do the elliptical and light weights still which I've actually been successful at doing 6 days/wk. I always feel better after I go and get my workout on! I know soon enough I'll be back out there running the streets of Anchorage with my new training buddy.

As I get closer to having my life change forever, Jake and I have been trying to spend as much time together.  From hanging shelves in the nursery, to lunch dates, to walks with Diego, to lounging on the couch watching Downton Abbey... it's been wonderful.  We are so excited to start his next chapter in our lives.  And I know Jake is going to be one awesome Daddio.

So what's next? We wait. We wait until the little guy decides it's time to make his grand entrance! (And hopefully it's not too long.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment