Image Map

Thursday, May 22, 2014

39 Weeks Pregnant (11 weeks later...)

This is a bit late... but somehow I forgot to post this 11 weeks ago! Things got a little bit busy!  
 Baby Bump

How far along? 39 Weeks, 6 Days
 
Size of the baby: A Watermelon!


Maternity clothes? Yes.  But I also fit into a couple pre-preggo skinny jeans! Weird!  But to be honest, this week's outfits consisted mostly of yoga pants and sweatshirts.  The "not-working" wardrobe is amazing.
Stretch marks? Nope!  Yippppppeeee! 
Sleep: I actually slept amazingly well two nights this week!  The other nights were not so good.  Maybe 2 hours a night.  Ugh.
Symptoms: Backache, heartburn, exhaustion, mood swings, headache, ridiculously stuffy nose, oh the list goes on... this week was not very comfortable.  I also had false labor on Ash Wednesday... such a tease!
Best moment this week: My Momma arriving!
Miss Anything? Sleeping, 
Food cravings: Lucky Charms cereal, jujufruits candy, bananas, anything sweet!
Any aversions? My stomach was in shut down mode this week... maybe that's a good sign? I was very nauseous and could only eat small amounts without feeling sick.
Have you started to show yet: This belly is no joke.  
Baby Names? Down to our top 3!
Belly Button in or out? It's outta this world.
Linea Nigra? Yes!  Seemed darker this week too!
Wedding rings on or off? On!  I'm so happy I haven't had any problems with this!  
Happy or Moody most of the time: This week I may have had a few outbursts... my frustration is at an all time high, mainly because a) I am sick of texts/calls saying "any baby yet?" and b) I hate spending my maternity leave without a baby in my arms!  Oh well.  He's coming at some point!
Movement: All day every day!
Looking forward to: I'll give you ONE guess!
New mom tips I received this week (which I love getting!):  When you go in to labor, wait to go to the hospital as long as possible. 
Favorite part of being pregnant so far: My favorite part will forever be feeling little Bambino move around inside me :)  
Any Braxton Hicks contractions?  TONS.  And definitely more painful this week. 
Feet Swelling? Nope!
Have you started to "waddle"? Mmmm Hmmm
Any weird dreams? Not too many- but like I said, I haven't been sleeping much!
Over being pregnant? Yes. It's time to be a Mommy now.  
Nesting? Definitely, and especially in the last few days.  Hopefully this  is a good thing!
Car Seat Installed? Yes!
Hospital Bag Packed? Done today!
Dilated/Effaced? (And sorry if this is TMI): 1.5cm / 40% effaced!  Woo... change is happening!
Still Running? No running... but it's awesome to think in a couple months I'll be back on the streets! Was still able to workout every day this week - elliptical for an hour each day and weights twice!  I feel more out of breath when I workout, but I feel so empowered and strong when I'm at the gym! To be honest, my main motive is to bounce baby out.

Letter to Baby

My dearest baby boy,

Well, I'm still pregnant with you.  Is it that cozy in my belly?  It sure looks like it's getting cramped in there!  I promise it's way more comfortable on the outside!  This week you hogged all of my energy to put on more weight.  Your little brain and lungs are ready for action, so now you're just packing on cute little padding everywhere.  I wonder how much you will weigh?  I don't feel too incredibly gigantic, but who's to say! My doctor said last week that you'll be around 7 pounds which sounds great!  However, if you decide to be super late and stay inside another 2 weeks... things could get tricky!

Tomorrow marks 40 weeks pregnant with you! I've been feeling lots of changes this week so I'm hoping things will get moving soon!  I always wonder if birth will be traumatic for you... I can't imagine it's fun getting squeezed by contractions and entering a world where you have to eat on your own, stay warm, and be protected!  I wouldn't want to leave the womb either if everything was taken care of for me! 

Your Dad is getting really excited to buy you your first snowmachine, gun, and four-wheeler.  Yes, he has big plans for you.  I'm already starting to feel out-numbered with all the boys in our house!  Luckily, you're going to be stuck with a mom that is going to teach you lots of important things too... like how to run, swim, cook, play sports, and take pictures, and travel the world.  

I'm really hoping this will be my last letter to you from the inside... we are dying to meet you Bambino!  Love you more than you'll ever know!

Always & Forever,

Mom & Dad

1 comment:

  1. I LOVED your Letter to Baby!!!!! It's so touching and sweet and by the time I got to the end of it the tears were flowing!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete